Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scripting

Scripting

Invoker arrived, fuck yea, the heromodel and the effects looks pretty wicked and the he plays very smoothly.
    The good thing about invoker is, u need some skill to master him, u need to know the combinations to do the right spell at the right time etc.
    normally if u didnt invoke a spell alrdy u need 5 keys to invoke + cast it, but with a script u can easily do it with 1 key, so if u script a ghostwalk key and someone gangs u, press the key and insta save (if they dont have antiinvis oO), soo its pretty fucking imba aka cheating imo.
    i dont wanna see all the scriptkiddies running around and ruin this game with there fucking cheats so please help me to think about a solution.

ty

Basic Member
    afaik, macros exist.

yea i know they exist, but in invokers case its like a cheat imo, cause it makes the hero totally op.

Hi, I started a poll for this issue, http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=18382

We can discuss this over there.

Doing the spellcombinations is a part of invoker, else this hero is utterly op.
    just bump the shit out of this thread so valve think about a solution to keep scripts away from invoker, dont need cheats in dota.
    Last edited by 1323; 01-20-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Basic Member
    1323 is absolulty right! Its to strong to allow players to use 5 Actions with one key.

Basic Member
    In Dota any skripts should be forbidden.
    This just removes a big part of the technical challenge in Dota.
    If you allow Invokeskripts and Macros, you can also allow lasthit and "skillshot" scripts, which also fit in the comment "Mastery isn't knowing how to do things fast, it is knowing when and how to do them properly."

Basic Member
    Yeah, it's not how Invoker is meant to be played
    It makes it a lot easier to play him and that's unfair
    => Should be forbidden

problem: how to prevent it? introduce a spam protection? people can still time the macro to execute the combination at the fastest possible speed and have an advantage. also it would suck quite much if human input is blocked by spamprotection. So this would be no way to prevent it. Scan for background applications? Key macro programs can also be used for legal purposes (like deactivating certain keys on your keyboard), so you would get wrong guys too with that method.

Detect if combinations are very often executed at the exact same speed? (human input times will always vary a bit, even if the difference is only in the low milliseconds). I am not sure, but I think the macroing program could add random intervals as well between the key performs to make it seem like (very fast) human input. So that probably won't work either.
    Last edited by mindfaQ; 01-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Quote Originally Posted by mindfaQ View Post
    problem: how to prevent it?
    thats why i started this thread, for some brainstorming and coming up with good ideas^^