Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VSync without increased latency

Every external software measurement skews the results, adding latency by itself.
    That's why you should disable any such software like fraps, riva tuner(specially that one) even Steam's own In-Game Overlay.
    Then, you should reset your GPU Control Panel to defaults - Vertical Sync should be set to Use the 3D application settings.

Forget about frame timings, and think exclusively about input lag and screen tearing.
    Launch a local hosted map (a skillshot type would be even better) and (subjectively) observe.
    If you get less input lag than standard VSync, and at the same time no screen tearing, the function works for you. If not, not.
    I guess this task is better suited to a professional player.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    Every external software measurement skews the results, adding latency by itself.
    That's why you should disable any such software like fraps, riva tuner(specially that one) even Steam's own In-Game Overlay.
    Then, you should reset your GPU Control Panel to defaults - Vertical Sync should be set to Use the 3D application settings.

Forget about frame timings, and think exclusively about input lag and screen tearing.
    Launch a local hosted map (a skillshot type would be even better) and (subjectively) observe.
    If you get less input lag than standard VSync, and at the same time no screen tearing, the function works for you. If not, not.
    I guess this task is better suited to a professional player.
    I don't know what you think you are doing here. The developers are asking for feedback. Why are you trying to convince people that it works for them if they think it doesn't? Let people express their opinion on this, this is what matters here, not yours.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by difangu View Post
    How many players having a decent pc can maximize their fps over 60? Not so many
    In dota? are you out of your mind? you can max this game and get over 60 on a calculator

Basic Member
    I tried it but the FPS gets capped at 60 with this option enabled? I have a 144hz monitor and I can maintain that fps. Obviously the game feels really choppy going from 144 stable fps to a 60 fps capped. Hard to tell about the input delay, the difference between 144 fps and 60 fps is so huge that I can't focus on anything else then that

Out of curiosity, would this provide any benefit to G-sync users?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOfS2D View Post
    Out of curiosity, would this provide any benefit to G-sync users?
    Only if you can run it way beyond the monitor's maximum refresh rate (and it's not capped like five666 stated above).
    Otherwise G-sync already does just-in-time v-sync.

Basic Member
    Hi Sir JayStelly i tried With and without -d3d9ex, my graphics is glitching/bugging. Only dx11 fixes the problem. But dx11 has very low performance. Even 32 bit, dx9 or dx11 still the same. This ddnt happen when reborn was still beta.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KanGore View Post
    I don't know what you think you are doing here. The developers are asking for feedback. Why are you trying to convince people that it works for them if they think it doesn't? Let people express their opinion on this, this is what matters here, not yours.
    Because this is suppose to effect input lag, not frametime.
    When you are seeing the frame, contra when it was actually rendered. But that isn't so important.

I like ScepticMatt post. It shows that the game does not have any kind of stable framerate.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerkun View Post
    It shows that the game does not have any kind of stable framerate.
    very stable with rivatuner (only a single frame hitch), not so much otherwise.
    Last edited by ScepticMatt; 11-09-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Basic Member
    The point still stands. There is no reason for the framerate to be unstable in the first place. It hurts far more than the latency.