Thread: Experimenting with Mechanics [Base Stats]

Basic Member

Lightbulb Experimenting with Mechanics [Base Stats]

[Base Spell Resistance]
    In the Warcraft engine, heroes all start out with 25% spell resistance. This need not be the case in the new Valve engine. Some heroes can start with say, 30% spell resistance or 50% spell resistance.

It allows experimentation with balance to create new anti-mage heroes who can start out with more than 25% spell resistance like some heroes who start out with less than 1.7 BAT.

They could modify initial spell-resistance in WC3 DotA if they wanted to.

I think it's extremely unnecessary, as if a hero needs to have more spell resistance it can be put in the form of an ability (Pudge, AM, Viper, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Basic Member
    Actually my point is that the new engine should be as flexible as possible, unlike the old WC3 with hardcoded constants.

I feel the purpose of the new engine should not have any thing that is hardcoded and unchangeable, like the old WC3 engine.

Maybe when Valve starts adding own content. And I would guess the Source Engine is pretty limitless in that regard.

They remove unneeded limitations of the Wc3 engine, like Crit working with Windwalk/Phase Boots.

Closed, not going anywhere while we are in Beta.