Thread: Sound is missing

Basic Member

Question Sound is missing

When we open dota, usually we will hear the intro sound right? But i didn't hear it at all, my dota 2 has turned to completely silence. No sound at all, i use default setting for the audio so it shouldn't be a problem, i tried to use headphones but i can't hear any sound , not just the intro sound the all pick sound, hero sound, but every sound in dota 2 has disappeared. Anyone know how to fix this? I have validating my cache and reinstall my dota 2 but nothing change. I use windows 8 i7 quad core 2.4 GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE 745 M. Please help me , this game is so unplayable without sound at all.

Did you try to listen to music? There is also no sound? If so, then you need to consider if there is something wrong with the sound card driver. A outdated or corrupt sound card driver could result in this problem. Try Driver Talent to help you to scan your drivers and repair the issues. You could also visit http://www.geforce.com/drivers to download and install the matched sound driver manually. After you updated the driver and the problem was not solved, go to check if the sound card is seated with motherboad. Good luck.

Basic Member
    Yes, i did. There is no problem with music or other games. It's just dota 2 that doesn't have sound. I have checked my driver card and nothing wrong. It's updated already and matched my driver.

Basic Member
    PROBLEM IS SOLVED. My trick is delete all my steam data and get a copy from a friend.

Maybe you reinstall the data, but not clear the garbage of the game. And you listed the hardware for graphic, but it will not be the display card problem.