Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "wanted" player stats

2nd posts link points it all out, there is nothing more to say.

Basic Member
    sup

Basic Member
    2nd post sums it up. Don't ever think of showing it.

Basic Member
    i dunno .... i kinda like ppl thinking im noob, why spoil it by letting them see my stats ><

actually, question about stats isnt that simple. where are 2 ways of playing dota. First is like its made atm, u play just for fun, u dont care if u lose at all, u wont lose ur ratings or Killseath ratio. And the second is playing for Stats, ure trying hard to win, to get in ladder, to have high k:d ratio, and ofc u rage if u lose. And its complicated for Valve to choose the way i guess. But i prefer playing for stats

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kondrik View Post
    Понимали бы вы по русски, я бы вам расказал

If you have KDR < 0.4 and pick carry - game will be lost with very high probability. If your teammate does not know before they pick heroes - you ruined game for others. If they know before - they can try to fix it.

Stats can be available before game start (before matchmaking) - so you can find teammate in channels. But how can know, how they are playing ? Enough good, or maybe you are noob versus them ?
    You and people like you are the reason Stats shouldn't be readily or publically available, you judge everything that happens based on kills/deaths rather than looking at the bigger picture. I've been in plenty of games where people have had awful K's but still helped win the game by pushing towers, assisting kills, etc. It's not all based around Kills, whilst that is a big thing in the game, it's not the be all and end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Enef View Post
    You and people like you are the reason Stats shouldn't be readily or publically available, you judge everything that happens based on kills/deaths rather than looking at the bigger picture. I've been in plenty of games where people have had awful K's but still helped win the game by pushing towers, assisting kills, etc. It's not all based around Kills, whilst that is a big thing in the game, it's not the be all and end all.
    now tell me how you judge ur mates BEFORE playing with them. all i can say after playing 3k+ games of matchmaking in HoN, that in 90% Matchmaking rating+K: D ratio + Wards placed per game shows player true skill

player's winrate is the best reliable skill indicator

today i realized:
    only bad players judge others on 'stats'