+1

to post #2

Quote Originally Posted by hsdvo View Post
    today i realized:
    only bad players judge others on 'stats'
    kinda true. good players just dont have to judge anyone by anything

Quote Originally Posted by BeeRAbuseR View Post
    kinda true. good players just dont have to judge anyone by anything
    yep. also, 90% of the badmannered players are also bad players, who would also be the ones flaming each other by looking at each others' stats
    funny how that works out

1. Have you tried to think? If no stats - some players will not stoped to go to death in game. Because it does not matter, how many times they was killed.

2. Some times ago i started voting for that at russian forum. You can see results. I hope, Valve organize big voting before they say "no public stat".
    I am from Russia, sorry for my english. Даешь русскую ветку на этом форуме !!!

Heres my thoughts.

PUGs.
    Im no pro player but i cant do shit when i pick support and try to keep a carry alive thats having a bad day. I die, die and die and rest of the team aint doing anything.
    Do i want that to show? No. Because in PUGs you cant control the outcome at all.
    (Edit: just wanted to add im no quitter either, i keep rolling even if i die, i try to keep my carry alive even if i sacrifice myself. I dont go cry in the fountain afk)

Full stats on pre-made teams vs pre-made teams.. Sure!
    For PUGs? the way it is now is fine.

I wouldn't mind being able to see leaves publicly. Do we already see that? You can already determine a win loss ratio by doing the math. It shows the number of wins. Seven games per page times the number of pages.

Basic Member
    only reason you wouldn't want stats is if you have something to hide... if you don't play to win then you shouldn't be ashamed of your stats... and if you do play to win then stop crying and cock blocking stats for those of us who want to be able to compare ourselves to friends, better players, and rivals. keeping tabs on personal progress would be very appreciated too.

You'd actually be surprised how well you can judge a player based soley on their stats, and I don't mean from a 1400 troll perspective. Showing "wins" on our Dota profiles means NOTHING, might aswell remove that too while we're at it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeRAbuseR View Post
    now tell me how you judge ur mates BEFORE playing with them. all i can say after playing 3k+ games of matchmaking in HoN, that in 90% Matchmaking rating+K: D ratio + Wards placed per game shows player true skill
    I don't judge anyone before playing with them, i don't care about their skill level honestly. The game is fun to play even if others aren't amazing at it, if you only want to play with the best players make a team and play scrims.

Basic Member
    @#24

1. you are more likely to lose the game the more often you die, so there is a reward for not dieing too often --> winning.

2. it doesnt matter what the community wants, it matters whats best for the community. and the best for the community is a more noob-friendly attitude. i dont like noobs picking carries either, but both you and me have been noobs at some point of our dota career, so give everyone the possibility to grow better without being prejusticed everytime they want to play.