Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Winning a game = Leave

Basic Member
    I was afk for more than 5 minutes and nothing happened. I still have 0 abandons.

Basic Member
    You deserved it tbh.

Basic Member
    Yup

I think there should be some tweaking to this system still. Especially in cases like this. But it might be an argument AFK is just as bad as abandons, and they want to combat abandons...sooo. In this case AFK: Abandon From Keyboard.

I could see them adding an AFK system where a bot takes over, but doesn't buy anything with your gold, and relinquishes control once you've returned.
    For instance, a button on the scoreboard where your mute button would be. Toggle button that says AFK.
    This way, if you know you'll be back during the game, you can toggle the afk feature and allow a bot to take over for you. However, if you don't return before the last 10 minutes of the match, it gets counted as an abandon. Lets face it, bots aren't human players and won't ever be as good at coordinating with human players.

The idea of abandon is leaving your team without a 5th player for some minutes, regardless of afk or disconnect.
    You're not doing anything for your team, you're just idle while your team is fighting. That's just as useless as someone who did abandon, even if they reconnected after the 5 minute timer finished, they were gone long enough to change the balance of the game.
    Not that I'm saying what you did, in this case answer the phone, was wrong. It's just creating unbalance in a game.
    This ain't ova.

Quote Originally Posted by squinte View Post
    I think there should be some tweaking to this system still. Especially in cases like this. But it might be an argument AFK is just as bad as abandons, and they want to combat abandons...sooo. In this case AFK: Abandon From Keyboard.

I could see them adding an AFK system where a bot takes over, but doesn't buy anything with your gold, and relinquishes control once you've returned.
    For instance, a button on the scoreboard where your mute button would be. Toggle button that says AFK.
    This way, if you know you'll be back during the game, you can toggle the afk feature and allow a bot to take over for you. However, if you don't return before the last 10 minutes of the match, it gets counted as an abandon. Lets face it, bots aren't human players and won't ever be as good at coordinating with human players.

The idea of abandon is leaving your team without a 5th player for some minutes, regardless of afk or disconnect.
    You're not doing anything for your team, you're just idle while your team is fighting. That's just as useless as someone who did abandon, even if they reconnected after the 5 minute timer finished, they were gone long enough to change the balance of the game.
    Not that I'm saying what you did, in this case answer the phone, was wrong. It's just creating unbalance in a game.
    I'm pretty sure IceFrog already planned on having bots control your hero after you've gone from the game, not sure if that included AFK though.

?? Bots playing a human game. I hope not. I am not sure if you are saying a bot actually goes into battle. Humans are far supperior. And bots don't make mistakes = not fair.

I agree with the AFK and Abandonment. If you were in a battle and you bowed out for 5 minutes, that could be a crucial turning point.

My question is do you get AFK if you move around a bit? I usually do this if I have to do something else for a few minutes, like change a diaper or get something for one of my kids. 5 minutes seems fair, that is long enough to go to the bathroom. Although, sometimes I have to really go and it takes longer, I guess that is just man vs nature.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodSheperd View Post
    ?? Bots playing a human game. I hope not. I am not sure if you are saying a bot actually goes into battle. Humans are far supperior. And bots don't make mistakes = not fair.

I agree with the AFK and Abandonment. If you were in a battle and you bowed out for 5 minutes, that could be a crucial turning point.

My question is do you get AFK if you move around a bit? I usually do this if I have to do something else for a few minutes, like change a diaper or get something for one of my kids. 5 minutes seems fair, that is long enough to go to the bathroom. Although, sometimes I have to really go and it takes longer, I guess that is just man vs nature.
    Well, this is quoted from a Q&A IceFrog did over a year ago

Q: I heard there was going to be an AI feature for when a player leaves. Is there going to be an option to take direct control of the hero? (by Stephen)
    A: The AI features will be optional to the players in the game. You can have teammates use it, send it to the base, or give it AI modes and behaviors to follow.

The bots are currently half decent, maybe they'll be more useful than a pusher. Surely you'd love their money and items, but sometimes against a pushing team, 4v5 is so hard to play.