Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big Existing Project in SFM, 6.86 Update

[SFM BUGS] Lina, Omni, Axe, Broken Models, 6.86 Update

Thread Summary
    There are hero specific bugs in Dota 2 SFM atm as well as one map related inconvenience. Below is a summary of the problems occuring in SFM atm. You may read the thread below for any more details regarding the problem.

==================

>>> PROBLEM 1
    Lina's cloth collission is going through her leg and consequently causing a spazzing action with her procedural bones.

How to reproduce:
    1. Spawn a Lina Character
    2. Import an animation, flip her animation, or just play her in bind pose.
    3. Watch the dress spazz out.

lYmDU.jpg

==================

>>> PROBLEM 2

The Dota 6.85 map is broken and cannot be loaded in the SFM tools, any session created pre-686 is broken if the area of the map where the scene occurs is in this area.

How to reproduce:
    1. Set session map to dota_685
    2. Error

==================

>>> PROBLEM 3
    There are Hero specific glitches involving Omniknight, Lina, and Axe. Although Omniknight and Axe have no problem whatsoever with their cloth meshes, their root bones along with other bones (wrists, elbows, legs) cannot be animated.

(See the two screens below. The root is keyed and there is motion, but the play head is in different positions and the bones have not moved)
    lYn3Q.jpglYn8g.jpg

lYtlQ.jpglYtnD.jpg

How to reproduce:
    1. Spawn Omniknight, Lina, and Axe.
    2. Go to the curve editor.
    3. Pose their root bone and make a key.
    4. Move the play head forwards and pose, you will be able to do so.
    5. Move the play head before any existing key and pose.
    6. You can't do step 5.
    7. The bone will refuse to animate or move from it's current position when you scrub through the animation.

-----[ORIGINAL POST]------
    Hello Valve,
    I am currently working on a massive project using Dota 2's SFM Tool
    I have so far seven separate 1 minute scenes worth at least 100 hours of work and I am worried that some of my projects may be broken by the 6.86 update coming to the client tomorrow.

lXj1R.jpglXjkf.jpg

Is there any way to save a copy of the current build of Dota that I have so that I may run tools in this version in case the 6.86 patch breaks my projects?
    Last edited by bluerebel; 12-16-2015 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added Images, Added a Thread Summary

This shouldn't break your project. I recommend that you back up a duplicate of the map you're using, with Hammer.

When the update hits, if models in your shots become garbled, there's an option in [right click animation set] > utilities to fix them up.

The New Update has hit and PROJECTS ARE BROKEN DUE TO THE 6.86 Update, will be attempting fixes today, adding images and documentation later for people who also have broken projects.

PROBLEM 1
    1. Lina's Model has the cloth glitching out with newly spawned animation sets (left), or old established animation sets. (right) It seems to be a problem related to the procedural bones.
    lYmDU.jpg

---------

2. Adding Animation via importing an animation sequence or use of the curve editor does not work when keying the root, any of the procedurals, any leg bones, the elbow and wrist bones.

(See the two screens below. The root is keyed and there is motion, but the play head is in different positions and the bones have not moved)

lYn3Q.jpglYn8g.jpg

---------

3. Lina's Robe is Spazzing

lYnaL.jpg

I can confirm there's something weird happening with animation importing, only with some heroes. Abaddon is fine for instance, but Lina and Omniknight exhibit the bug.

The Procedural problem only seems to be occuring on Lina's Dress Procedurals. Which may be a collission problem?
    1. Spawn a new Lina Character or Model
    2. Press Play
    3. Watch the dress find it's way out of Lina

Omni's model this patch seems to be animating properly compared to his cape in the previous patch which had to be baked and animated manually.

Omniknight however is suffering from the same problem as Lina where his root and leg bones refuse to animate despite being keyed into the graph editor. Importing any sort of animation with procedurals baked also does not fix the problem.

SFM seems to be placing the root bone into the initial position it finds with the playhead and keeps the bone in that position for the rest of the shot. I have sometimes gotten the model to move by keeping the playhead in a different position and doing something drastic like reloading the models, or reloading the materials or the map.

Problem 2
    The map has changed drastically thus destroying some of my shots. Does anyone have a backup of the previous map before this patch? My backup is incomplete and is not loading properly on SFM.

PROBLEM 3
    Can't Animate

The bug occuring with Lina and Omniknight seems to be occuring with Axe as well. I've figured out how to reproduce the bug from scratch

lYrTu.jpg

1. Spawn a character like Lina, Omniknight or Axe.
    2. Key the root bone in the curve editor.
    3. Move the playhead forward and pose the root bone. Translate to the right or rotate. It will work.
    4. Move the playhead backwards and pose. The model will be locked in it's position. It will key but it will not move, pose, or animate.

I'm updating the initial post of this thread to cover all the problems so far.

Basic Member
    Same problems with DragonKnight.

Same issue here

Basic Member
    Just got fixed supposedly in the newest update

SFM
    SFM: Fixed dota_685 and dota_desert maps not loading.
    SFM: Fixed the game's current map pack from overriding the requested map in SFM.
    SFM: Fixed bug where some bones weren't editable in the SFM (Axe, Omniknight, etc).