Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Abilities and New Items are turning Dota2 into LoL

Basic Member

New Abilities and New Items are turning Dota2 into LoL

With the new 6.86 Patch a new trend is starting to emerge in Dota 2.
    I understand that the developers want to keep moving Dota2 forward and while I agree that patches need to happen what is beginning to concern me is the speed at which new items and hero abilities are changing in the Dota2 world.
    Many heroes in the new patch have had abilities that would be called their defining abilities (e.g Void's backtrack and OD's intelligence) steal changed completely. Small changes and reworking of heroes are necessary to the game but the scale and scope of change we have seen in this new Patch is scary. For me Dota2's biggest selling point is its consistency, with all of these new items and hero abilities the amount of new variables in the game is staggering...all of these new factors make the game much more chaotic and random and therefore open to abuse rather than good plays.

I love that Dota2 is continuing to change and grow as a game but I think that big changes in the abilities of core heroes to the game need to slow down or else risk losing the very consistency that is the Dota game.

DotA heroes have seen reworks before (during the War3 period), but well, welcome to 2015.
    Rip mechanics rip complexity rip depth
    "There is no shortcut to work done true and well. The Creators learned this to their sorrow, the first time they made the world."
    Githri the Prisoner

Basic Member
    Please bring back the good old Void. Now it's some kind of a joke. 500 range of timewalk is not enough for initiation nor for escaping (even though the heal helps a bit). The second ability is useless. Is Void supposed to be played as support now with core blink to initiate? What was the goal of this change? Seriously guys... Don't break something which works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleBen View Post
    With the new 6.86 Patch a new trend is starting to emerge in Dota 2.
    I understand that the developers want to keep moving Dota2 forward and while I agree that patches need to happen what is beginning to concern me is the speed at which new items and hero abilities are changing in the Dota2 world.
    Many heroes in the new patch have had abilities that would be called their defining abilities (e.g Void's backtrack and OD's intelligence) steal changed completely. Small changes and reworking of heroes are necessary to the game but the scale and scope of change we have seen in this new Patch is scary. For me Dota2's biggest selling point is its consistency, with all of these new items and hero abilities the amount of new variables in the game is staggering...all of these new factors make the game much more chaotic and random and therefore open to abuse rather than good plays.

I love that Dota2 is continuing to change and grow as a game but I think that big changes in the abilities of core heroes to the game need to slow down or else risk losing the very consistency that is the Dota game.
    Dota has always gone thru partial/complete remake of various heroes. A LOT of heroes were remade in Dota1. This is nothing new.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfino View Post
    Please bring back the good old Void. Now it's some kind of a joke. 500 range of timewalk is not enough for initiation nor for escaping (even though the heal helps a bit). The second ability is useless. Is Void supposed to be played as support now with core blink to initiate? What was the goal of this change? Seriously guys... Don't break something which works fine.
    Then why don't you try playing it like Weaver? It has 2nd skill which can be great for canceling enemy's skills and slowing movement speed + attack speed is used as a substitute for Timewalk's passive. But then Timewalk has another use, You can take tons of damage like from Laguna and Finger then use time walk, guess what? You are back to full heath again. With 6s cool down, being a little bit of bulkiness, this thing can tank for his team as well as being a hard carry.
    Learn to accept new changes, Ice Frog knows his deal

Basic Member
    I tried playing him and I can't seriously. I really liked this hero - now he can't initiate properly. Focused without chrono = dead. Any stun will stop your timewalk and without backtrak you are just dead. How are you supposed to survive Laguna with such a squishy hero? Second skill is kinda useless because it stops cooldowns on spells which would not be used in the teamfight at all (they were alredy used). The range is small and all those Skywarths and Invokers are far away and you can't reach them with enormous 500 range time-walk. Definately this hero has to be played differently now, but I don't want it. I want the old one back. This hero doesn't exist for me anymore and since I mostly play 5 heroes or so I lost 20% of fun with Dota...

I don't understand why to change the map - now double pulls on radiant became extremly difficult. All what I have learned about dewarding spots now has to be updated. I really don't have time to test and learn everything again. I just want to have fun. Now I can't because I need to test where to put sentries to not block the camp. Or wait for the guides. Seriously? I have life outside of Dota, can't devote so much time to it. Now I became a noob who can't even counterward. What was wrong with the old map? Why change something what worked fine?

Seriously guys I imagine some heroes need balancing, but why the hell change my favorite hero so much that I don't want to play him anymore. Was he a pubstomper? No. Why then?
    Last edited by Delfino; 12-17-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Basic Member
    The patch is out for what, one day, and you are already judging? Saying you can't play this hero? You are not supposed to learn new heroes in a day. No one cares about theorycrafting crybabies. And by the way, 550 timewalk + 650 time dilation range is 1200 range, feeling small yet?

All what I have learned about dewarding spots now has to be updated. I really don't have time to test and learn everything again.
    I really don't have time to test and learn everything again.
    Now this is just plain retarded. Don't play, if you don't have time. Go figure out tetris or chess, they haven't changed for years.

I would have very much liked icefrog to touch your other 4 (cancer) heroes so you would lose all your (evil) fun and stop playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfino View Post
    Was he a pubstomper? No. Why then?
    F off.

New Faceless Void has 99% chance to backtracking (Time Walk) huge amount of damages like Laguna Blade and Dagon 5. Too OP~
    [ SEA & Western English are different ~ please understand ]
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Nova - lce View Post
    New Faceless Void has 99% chance to backtracking (Time Walk) huge amount of damages like Laguna Blade and Dagon 5. Too OP~
    Too op? Try playing. I had 60% winrate now I haven't won a single game. While timewalk helps a little in the laning phase (it's easier than it was unless you are getting ganked), this hero in mid to endgame is useless. Once you are focused you are dead. You can't timewalk to escape. And you are focused because you have to WALK into enemy team to cast your spells. This hero has nothing. Nor tankiness, no attack speed, no damage, no armour. Now he has no survivality at all. You are forced to go BKB and evasion early which delays your other items so you are outfarmed by other carries.

Don't play, if you don't have time.
    Great advice. I guess I will move to LoL, thanks.
    Last edited by Delfino; 12-17-2015 at 09:19 AM.