Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "i" key failure

Basic Member

"i" key failure

not sure if this is on you guys or...?
    my "i" key stopped printing to the chat in dota2. i shift+tabbed to tell my cousin so we could lawl about it, and without noticing, i used an i in a sentence and quickly realized that it was working.
    went back into dota2 to test it and again, it didn't work.
    i tried capitalizing it and it worked, but non-capitalized, it didn't.
    restarted the game and the"i" key works in both cases now.

anyway, it's obviously a minor bug, but it was kind of annoying since i actually broke part of my key when i lifted it off the board to clean under it.
    also, i'm trying to be a responsible beta tester and notify you guys of everything i see wrong and let you guys be the ones to sort out what's worth working on and what's not.
    i think the game must be in pretty good shape if i'm trivializing over a single key.

Basic Member
    Can confirm, but the reverse happens for me. I can type i in game but I can't type it in console or the chatrooms.

Basic Member
    after the patch after christmas break, my lower case "i" wouldnt work. it works now though, had to start it up again

Basic Member
    no one has any other key failures?
    lower case i was the only one for me.

lol now this is a weird issue. never come across it yet. good luck finding the solution guys

Basic Member
    +1 to this issue. Happened to me yesterday, suddenly didn't work in Party Chat, in-game Chat as well. After the game, I alt-tabbed out and in and suddenly worked again. Strange to see this happening to others as well.

Basic Member
    Mine it keeps happening with the 'o' key. It stops working and it doesnt even come up in the lobby chat. Have to restart steam to get it working again. Not sure what is triggering this bug.

Do you use a cracked steam games?

or

Do you have windows XP?

I got this during one single game. It was weird. Don't have any cracked steam games and I run win7.

Basic Member
    +1, the exact thing keeps happening to me, upper case I works, lower case i doesn't...