Thread: [C] Recasting Illuminate resets the damage of an already traveling Illuminate

[C] Recasting Illuminate resets the damage of an already traveling Illuminate

Props to Loethor here for the original report, I just wanted to have a proper format.

Issue:
    Due to the changes to Chakra Magic it's possible to cast another Illuminate while the first Illuminate is still existing/travelling. This doesn't seem to cause any issues without Agh's, but when Agh's has been purchased the still travelling Illuminate gets it's damage overridden by the second Illuminate.

Repro:
    1) Get Kotl to at least level 7, 8 is better as it's simply easier with 6 second CD duration instead of 5.
    2) Level Illuminate to 4 and Chakra Magic to 3/4.
    3) Buy Aghanim's Scepter
    4) Chakra Magic yourself
    5) Cast Illuminate far away from a target
    6) When Illuminate ends immediately cast a second Illuminate (it also works by ending it manually, but it's easier automatically to not mess up the CD timing)

Result:
    The first Illuminate barely does any damage and uses the channeling time of the second for its damage.

Expected:
    Illuminate stores it damage somewhere and the second cast doesn't lower the damage of the first.

If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

It probably affects the healing as well. And the vision?
    Please, just call me buny.

Healing is bugged exactly like damage.

Not sure how vision could be affected by this as it builds up while channeling and stays there. If you're talking about if the vision vanishes once the second casts starts the answer is no, it stays.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

It seems like this issue was fixed once before. But since channeled illuminate and non-channeled illuminate are 2 separete spells, it was only fixed for the channeled one.

It's not caused by the aghs. If you just regularly use Spirit Form, the same happens.

If you cast a channeled illuminate, followed by a non-channeled one, it works fine
    If you cast a non-channeled illuminate, followed by a channeled one, it works fine
    If you cast a channeled illuminate, followed by a channeled one, it works fine
    If you cast a non-channeled illuminate, followed by a non-channeled one, they interfere

Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member

KOTL's illuminate doesnt deal full damage

If you cast illuminate at full channel, then cast illuminate again but do not channel it. The damage dealt for both illuminates will be the illuminate that was not channeled.

http://gfycat.com/DamagedNaturalIrukandjijellyfish

Match ID: 263407228

Basic Member

Casting a 2nd Illuminate immediately after the 1st was released reduces the 1st's dmg

Expected interaction:

The first illuminate will deal damage in correspondence with the amount of time it was channeled before being released, independent of the 2nd illuminate.

Current interaction:

The damage of the FIRST illuminate is overwritten (regardless of channel time) and is given the damage of the 2nd illuminate (which has just started being channeled). This brings the damage down from a potential ~500 to a measly ~50.

Link to video showcasing the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4nD...ature=youtu.be

Link to reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...diately_after/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/imakitteh/
    Last edited by ImAKitteh; 01-24-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Basic Member

Illuminate bug

Hey, found some bug with Kotles illiminate
    If you chamnel it then let it go and then channel again while first wave is on the way it will deal damage same as SECOND wave that still channeling (channel first wave for 5 sec - push it - second wave just started chanelling and contains 100 dmg - first wave will deal 100 dmg instead 500
    Cant put up a video or sth like that cz I have a wooden PC

Hope u got what I meant cz my english is really bad
    Sorry for bad eng