Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alchemist: Chemical Rage sound effect plays after death

Alchemist: Chemical Rage sound effect plays after death

If Alchemist is killed while he is readying Chemical Rage, the sound effect remains at the location of his death.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Activate Chemical Rage on Alchemist
    2. Instantly kill Alchemist
    3. Sound effect continues playing after hero is removed from view

This effect ALSO occurs when Alchemist instantly buys back after activating Chemical Rage.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Activate Chemical Rage on Alchemist
    2. Kill Alchemist
    3. Alchemist buys back before duration of previous Chemical Rage finishes
    4. Sound effect continues at position of death.

Basic Member
    Yeah, I was about to post this.

Basic Member
    Confirming this. And I want to add that the sound effect can really get on people's nerves. It feels like there is a guy behind you breathing on your neck.

Basic Member
    I also noticed this in a recent game against alch.

"Noticed" it is a bit low key compared to how ridiculously annoying this is. For me it replays the Chemical Rage sound wherever I lose sight of him into the fog, and not just in one place. So for everytime he exits sight with that ulti on it's adding yet another Rage effect to both the sound and my personal emotions. I had to mute it earlier I couldn't take it anymore. Ironic that I was playing Silencer literally wishing for silence.

Another thing I dislike about Alchemist is that his Ogre sometimes uses fists to fight and sometimes he slashes with sword, but it always plays the fist sound (The sword sound is only used while under effects of Chemical Rage). I know it's not important but it feels odd to hear "dull sound" instead of the "sharp" one
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    Another thing I dislike about Alchemist is that his Ogre sometimes uses fists to fight and sometimes he slashes with sword, but it always plays the fist sound (The sword sound is only used while under effects of Chemical Rage). I know it's not important but it feels odd to hear "dull sound" instead of the "sharp" one
    I'm assuming this isn't intended, since the swords are an important visual cue that he is using his ult.

Quote Originally Posted by Frump View Post
    I'm assuming this isn't intended, since the swords are an important visual cue that he is using his ult.
    I think that it is intended, the problem is just that they don't make sword ("sharp") sound when he uses them without ulti. It's not really THAT important. He sometimes uses fists, sometimes he just takes sword, slashes and hides it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

All other characters have their weapons out and ready -- they don't sheath them in between attacks. It looks especially strange with higher attack speed.

That, and he only started doing it last patch.

Basic Member
    Can also confirm this, can hear his grunt throughout the game. Almost everywehere on the map aswell.