Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Some heroes don't have rival messages

Basic Member
    Here is one I would love to see from Tinker

sciencevsmagic.jpg

Invoker would never acknowledge that he has any rivals. They're beneath his notice.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamprey View Post
    Invoker would never acknowledge that he has any rivals. They're beneath his notice.
    "Whatever that was, 'twas scarcely worth my notice."

You are a cruel man, Lamprey. You know we all love those rivalry lines so much.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

For practical reasons, it meant we got to spend more time on his spells. Recording sessions have interesting limitations and requirements (such as those imposed by the actor's guild, for instance), so we sometimes have to make decisions regarding what aspects of each character to focus on. We have continued to add more (and more useful) speech categories; but our restraints have not changed, so we end up optimizing for what we hope will be the most entertaining/valuable lines on a per-hero basis. That said, we still thought it was the right thing for Invoker not to recognize rivals, and turned it into a feature of his personality.

Yeah, I already suspected it would be along those lines. Still, a developer response on this is always nice. Thanks for letting us know, Lamprey!
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    When we did the earliest batches of heroes, we didn't have the concept of rivals fleshed out in much detail. We do plan to fill in the blanks and bring them up to parity with the later heroes (also giving them "Not ready" lines and the like).
    I didn't even know there were heroes without "not ready" lines.

I think it'll be really great when you add anything missing from <insert favorite hero here>.

Basic Member
    Invoker and Zeus are two heroes that don't need rivarly lines because they feel they are above all and treat others equally, like maggots.

though I want medusa to have some rivalry line with Zeus.

The four voices from our very first recording session don't have these lines, everyone else does. But "Thanks" (for healing) and "I'm under attack!" kicked in pretty late, and First Blood lines came in really late. Mostly minor stuff...but the lack of rivals lines is not minor.

Basic Member
    I think it'd be a nice touch for Invoker to mock other spellcasters, just never mention their name, after all nobody is worth remembering.