Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Some heroes don't have rival messages

Basic Member
    I'm just waiting for the day Pudge gets his rivalry lines!^^

I want jugger to have some rivals... he could have some lines talking about shadow fiend, as he looks like a dude who wants to rip evil from earth and such

Basic Member
    The more rival lines the better I say! In fact, more situational audio is always a plus, because these few lines of audio will be heard by millions of players over the years, and the longer they last and the more variation included the better.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    I would love to see a proper rivalry built up between Tinker and Invoker. Both are among the most intelligent heroes on the battlefield, yet their specializations couldn't be more opposite. Science versus Magic. Tinker already has a rivalry line for Invoker, In my opinion, it would be great to see Invoker actually answer to that.
    Tinker is more likely to rival with gyro due to the fact they are both gnomes and use technology

Quote Originally Posted by Lamprey View Post
    When we did the earliest batches of heroes, we didn't have the concept of rivals fleshed out in much detail. We do plan to fill in the blanks and bring them up to parity with the later heroes (also giving them "Not ready" lines and the like).
    This makes more satisfying gameplay experience, Good job Valve

Tinker is more likely to rival with gyro due to the fact they are both gnomes and use technology
    Tinker is already caught in a circle(triangle) of rivalries. He's a part of Killer Cousins, e. g. Sniper, Tinker and Clockwerk, especially the latter. Their rivalries are as deep as Kunkka vs Tidehunter and CM vs Lina. At least from the side of Clockwerk, who has a crumpton of lines for killing the two, getting killed by them, attacking them, following them e.g. All in all, I don't think that an other big rivalry is starting out of that. After all, Invoker has already got one of the biggest VO in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xXQuatchiXx View Post
    Tinker already has a rivalry line for Gyro: Gyro, that craft of yours has made you dizzy.
    He also has rivalry lines for Clockwerk and Sniper, but that is not the point here. Here is a tidbit from Tinker's lore:
    Boush the Tinker's diminutive race is known for its intelligence, its cunning, and its prickly relationship with magic.
    Tinker also actively thanks Anti-Mage while showing his distaste for magic.

So, no, Tinker is not more likely to rival with a technologically advanced hero. In fact, I find it rather curious as to why Tinker has only one lash out towards the most prominent magic user on the battlefield, or so few lines towards magic users in overall. I hope we'll see more of this side of his personality in later media such as comics.

By the way, Tinker's and Gyro's races are both still unknown. It is not confirmed that Tinker is a gnome, nor is it confirmed if Gyro will be of the same race as Tinker.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

There, actually, is a tidbit problem with any rivalry that touches Invoker.

He's very unlikely to speak back.

I think Lamprey has said somewhere that not only any other heroes are scarcely worth his notice, there are just too many lines for everything else. Rivalries were sacrificed in favor of dialogue for his spells.

I have to admit tho that a full-fledged Invoker-Tinker rivalry would be awesome. An egocentric immortal wizard versus a slightly off his mind scientist - what could be better?

Basic Member
    he's not immortal

Quasi-immortal. Sempiternal Cantrap has made him so. He can't technically die of old age, and it looks like he has stayed in his young body for eons. Looks immortalish to me.