Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Some heroes don't have rival messages

Quote Originally Posted by Drkirby View Post
    For Invoker, I personally would love it if he did have some comments for heroes who also have lived for eons for were around long ago.

"I forgot about you long ago Ethreain"

"Ah Skeleton King, I remember you by anther name from long ago"

"Now there is only one left to remember the first dawn."
    Brilliant.

We can add Puck in this list too.

"Ah, I thought I wouldn't see again that annoying flying light-ball for centuries".

And many more. XD

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkirby View Post
    For Invoker, I personally would love it if he did have some comments for heroes who also have lived for eons for were around long ago.

"I forgot about you long ago Ethreain"

"Ah Skeleton King, I remember you by anther name from long ago"

"Now there is only one left to remember the first dawn."
    So many people are fawning over this, but his personality is pompous and narcissistic. These don't fit him that well. I'd like to see them be much more... condescending - for example, building on Drkirby's ideas,

"HA, I forgot about you long ago, Ethreain, why even bother resurfacing?"

"Skeleton King, you had another name once... what was it? Well, it matters not to me."

"Now only I remember the first dawn!"
    Last edited by Fydorian; 04-03-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typoes. typoes everywhere.

I wonder if Skeleton King used to be another one of those "invokers" that tried to invoke Sempiternal Cantrap (The spell that turn Invoker immortal) But failed horribly.

Also do you think the same spell was used on Naix to keep his life sentence the most punishing?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSandvich View Post
    I wonder if Skeleton King used to be another one of those "invokers" that tried to invoke Sempiternal Cantrap (The spell that turn Invoker immortal) But failed horribly.

Also do you think the same spell was used on Naix to keep his life sentence the most punishing?
    If that was the case for SK, he should have been more like pugna. If you were a spellcaster and then turned undead, why would you be a badass strength hero after death? Although this linkage would be cool if it was made and thought out.

any new news ABOUT new rival messages for old heros like pudge , shadowfiend ???

^afaik they want to add rival sounds to every hero.
    SF needs rival sounds to doom and SD, since they got a connection according to SD's lore.
    Please, just call me buny.

Doom already has his SD lines recorded, which means that Pudge, SF, Shaker, Dark Seer and Apparition might be coming soon, as they share the VO.

Doom, Pudge, SF, Shaker and Storm Spirit rival (and misc.) lines were recorded recently--they require a fair bit of processing to try and match them as closely as possible with the old audio. There are contractual limits to how many voices an actor can do in one session, so just because we have an actor in studio doesn't mean they can cover all the characters they might have done in a game. Our priority has been to get to the heroes who were missing rival lines and some of the other line-sets that didn't come into play until later.

wow really GREAT NEWS

Lamprey the man

Basic Member
    Awesome news. These are the best voice acted heroes. Cant wait to hear more from them.