Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Some heroes don't have rival messages

Some heroes don't have rival messages

I really like how some heroes have special comments against heroes that they consider rivals. Unfortunately not all of them posses these lines. For example, Rikimaru, Mirana, Void and probably more of them have no rival opponent to which they would have special responses, I don't see why because their rivals can be easy to figure out - anti invis heroes for riki, nightstalker (they are both nocturnal) and chen (perhaps ridiculing his mount?) for mirana, Weaver for Void, as they both manipulate time etc.

Is there any chance we might see these revisited?

Basic Member
    I think i read somewhere on the forum that they will probably implement more rivalry lines, so i guess its coming

Basic Member
    I really love the Windrunner and Drow rivalry lines - Drow ranger, where did you learn to shoot?!

Certainly awesome and interesting to see more of these being added in future

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Codedzero View Post
    I really love the Windrunner and Drow rivalry lines - Drow ranger, where did you learn to shoot?!

Certainly awesome and interesting to see more of these being added in future
    It made me sad this was a one way thing. Traxex doesn't have any rival lines herself.

When we did the earliest batches of heroes, we didn't have the concept of rivals fleshed out in much detail. We do plan to fill in the blanks and bring them up to parity with the later heroes (also giving them "Not ready" lines and the like).

Quote Originally Posted by Lamprey View Post
    When we did the earliest batches of heroes, we didn't have the concept of rivals fleshed out in much detail. We do plan to fill in the blanks and bring them up to parity with the later heroes (also giving them "Not ready" lines and the like).
    Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamprey View Post
    invoker doesn't have rival lines either, but i took that as a testament to his arrogance as opposed to them just not being implemented. will he be getting rival lines too or will he stay as someone who is too arrogant to consider anyone worth mentioning?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    invoker doesn't have rival lines either, but i took that as a testament to his arrogance as opposed to them just not being implemented. will he be getting rival lines too or will he stay as someone who is too arrogant to consider anyone worth mentioning?
    but to think that Silencer Last Word can pretty much cripple Invoker abilities, wouldn't Invoker at least considered him as rival?

Grand Magus could be a potential Rival for Invoker since he uses his proudly owned spells against him, other than that maybe Silencer, but no one else should be Invoker's rival. He's just that awesome.

I would love to see a proper rivalry built up between Tinker and Invoker. Both are among the most intelligent heroes on the battlefield, yet their specializations couldn't be more opposite. Science versus Magic. Tinker already has a rivalry line for Invoker, In my opinion, it would be great to see Invoker actually answer to that.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.