Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Force a pick when AP timer expires

Banned
    Yeah dont do this. The player can be afk for 30 minutes before he picks!

I agree that picks need to be forced upon time expiration. As of now, the picking timer is virtually meaningless. It's not uncommon to get several players in a stupid game of lastpick chicken, which often fucks with allies who have already picked and are trying to plan for optimal laning arrangements and appointment of courier/ward buyers. When a bunch of random players are being matched up to play with each other, it really is important for all hero picks to be made on time so that the pre-creep-spawning time can be entirely dedicated to planning.

Why is there even a timer to begin with? I should be able to pick my hero and immediately go out and play the game, start warding, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Why is there even a timer to begin with? I should be able to pick my hero and immediately go out and play the game, start warding, etc.
    As I said it's there to prevent you doing this. Why? I don't know. But they probably had something in mind. Think about it, get creative^^
    I think they might want to give every player 60 seconds of free time to decide without having to think about that precious game time theyre losing

No, no and no. Just no. Not needed. No.
    NO!

This is one of the best differences between DotA and HoN/LoL. You shouldn't be punished for being afk like getting a random pick. Being able to pick after the time is a DotA only feature because the other games do pick phases before the game is loaded. Dota2 is just perfect the way it is (in this feature).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaHideinlight View Post
    Not needed for AP to be honest. Only for more serious gamemodes like SD and CM.
    sd is a serious game mode? lol

Once they fix the 'Afking at Pickscreen not getting abandon' there is NO reason to random for people when the timer runs out.

Why? It potentially ruins the Lineup, and what does a randomed Hero help when the player is still afk?

Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    Once they fix the 'Afking at Pickscreen not getting abandon' there is NO reason to random for people when the timer runs out.

Why? It potentially ruins the Lineup, and what does a randomed Hero help when the player is still afk?
    Forced random is meant to be an unpleasant outcome. That way, people are actually encouraged to make their picks before the timer expires. It would be uncommon for actual forced randoms to occur unless it was a player's intention to go random in the first place.

Having someone who won't pick until creep spawns (or even later) also potentially ruins the lineup, and in such cases, there's no longer time to plan to make up for shortcomings. I'd much rather have all picks be done by timer expiration so that plans for laning and courier/ward buying can be made without having to worry about my last ally picking something retarded and throwing all the plans out the window.
    Last edited by Zamzoph; 01-24-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamzoph View Post
    Having someone who won't pick until creep spawns (or even later) also potentially ruins the lineup,
    No he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    No he doesn't.
    Yes he does.