Thread: Butterflies! Butterflies everywhere!

Butterflies! Butterflies everywhere!

idk how it happened, but it did happen...

Butterflies love me!

Basic Member
    lol, funny glitch.

i like how this idiot asks you to leave, i guess he doesn't know about abandonment system?

you stood there taking screenshots for 7 minutes? Anyway, I wouldn't mind this being added as a weather effect. -butterflymatingseason

Quote Originally Posted by whistle View Post
    you stood there taking screenshots for 7 minutes? Anyway, I wouldn't mind this being added as a weather effect. -butterflymatingseason
    I couldn't move at all (had like 10-30 seconds delay) because of the massive amount of butterflies flying on my screen... I only showed you 3 pictures, but the whole map looked like this.

Also I tried to solve it by reconnecting, but it didn't work... thats why it took me 7 minutes to make a screenshot.

that's actually cool lol

Basic Member
    "Anyway, I wouldn't mind this being added as a weather effect. -butterflymatingseason" [2]

Funny bug.
    Since lots of butterflies = lots of new rendering objects = lag, this isn't good...

Basic Member
    I've had this as well. Get massive delay every 15-20 games even though ping is fine and fps isn't bad. Doesn't matter how many times I restart the game, they're always there and it makes that game unplayable. Can't even communicate with my team because the chat will be on a 30 second delay.

And every time it happens there's a billion bugs. It was the first thing I noticed.

It will stay that way for the rest of the game, making it unplayable, but the very next game everything is fine again.

It's a pain in the ass. I've had 2 abandons because of it and a bunch of pointless losses.

Basic Member
    Happened to me again last night, and this time I made sure to record it.

As you can see, there is a solid 3-5 second delay along with periodic freezing, and this is despite both my ping and fps being reasonable. When I type things into chat it shows up 30 seconds later or not at all.

Strangely, this only lasts for a single game. The next game will be perfectly fine. And my chat in the normal lobby isn't lagged at all, either.

xp sp3
    gtx 460
    i5 760 2.80ghz
    4 gigs ram

This has happened to me more than a dozen times, and each is pretty much an guaranteed loss or abandon. Anyone have any ideas?

Basic Member
    happened to me once in awhile, but only when im playing on eu/us servers where my ping is 300+. doesnt affect my fps much tho.

Most likely over-the-top lag. At least Valve will look into it now that multiple users have had this problem.