Thread: It would be great if texture plain could be affected by the fog!

Lightbulb It would be great if texture plain could be affected by the fog!

It is not that simple and straight forward to make a sky dome in S2FM, so if one wants a simple solution for adding a background for some simplistic shots, usage of texture plains is great.

However, if your scene has some fog, the background texture won't be affected by it, which really ruins the composition and breaks the uniformity of colors. I know that some textures shouldn't be affected by the fog value, so adding something like "Affected by Fog" to the texture options could work really great.

The current "workaround" is to add some uniform volumetric light that matches the density and color of your fog, over your texture, but for some reason S2FM isn't really that friendly towards those.
    Last edited by D2P.Nexus; 01-30-2016 at 05:15 AM.

I'd actually like to request the opposite feature too; having the possibility to make one model unaffected by fog. This was possible in Source 1 with $nofog or $nofogZ or something like that, but it doesn't seem like any such options exist now

Basic Member
    Does anyone know what the documentation on the background textures and normal textures is anyways? I know it has to be divisible by 4 or something like that, but a lot fo the times it's just trial and error before the image isn't the purple and black squares or it stops crashing my sfm every time I'm choosing it in the asset browser.

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    You may want to have the vconsole open (default key is ~ or \ I believe) while working in SFM, to troubleshoot your problem better.

Textures for texture plane can be of any size and ratio you want, but materials for models have to be the power of 2 - 640x640, 1280x1280 and so on.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D2P.Nexus View Post
    Textures for texture plane can be of any size and ratio you want, but materials for models have to be the power of 2 - 640x640, 1280x1280 and so on.
    Contrary to the guy above you, thanks for the actual information.

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    Quote Originally Posted by moartuba View Post
    Contrary to the guy above you, thanks for the actual information.
    I was just answering to the latter half of your post, sorry for not being informative concerning your question. It's just that having the vconsole open would have helped you track down your crash issue without as much trial and error, which may or may not have been related to the texture shape/size.