Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dota2 10x10 map, maintenance and suggestions.

Bump.

Was incredibly impossible to play today, so many leavers on every match. Also the occasional afk/noob host who cannot lock+start.

Congrats again Valve, for keeping the ludicrously lame system and complete lack of improvements.

Basic Member
    Please add 10v10 to the normal match making on the front screen including all other blizzard maps
    this will fix
    * Abandons
    * Implement match making
    * Allow reports
    * Allow for things like all random, captains mode, single draft, captains draft.
    * people wont accidentally queue for incorrect regions

Furthermore please edit the 10v10 map to ban the following global heroes
    Zeus
    Spectre

Also edit map to allow for new rune and to add arc warden & map terrains

Arguments for NP & AA to be added to this group are irrelevant as they require either vision or a skill shot for their "global ults" to work. These 2 heroes are fine Spec & Zeus ruin this mode
    Last edited by Insanitis; 03-31-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Basic Member
    If I was only allowed to ask Valve for one change regarding dota 10v10 it would be to remove Zues. As a modder, I know that it would take them less than a minute, both to modify the scripts\npc\herolist.txt file (setting a 1 to a 0) as well as to publish the mod (takes less than 20 sec). This alone would make the greatest difference for this mod.

@Insanitis

You have probably already read my earlier post in this thread, but for what its worth, I have created a mod in an attempt to rebalance heroes like zues and spectre. I nerfed zues ult by 10% (way less than deserved) and reduced spectre's haunt by 1 sec on each level. I have also added all the missing heroes (with some minor nerfs to avoid them being OP). You can find it here. I have even created a facebook page over the last few days though am not sure how to use it best for this purpose.

This mod will not solve all the behavioral / reporting problems connected with 10v10, but if it ever takes off, I will introduce some buffing mechanism for the team that has leavers on it to dissuade the rest of the players from leaving. A small step but at least something in the right direction. The problem as mentioned earlier is getting a game started - it takes a long time to fill up a 20 man lobby and most people will not wait more than a few minutes. The only way is to coordinate hosted games; i'm working on figuring out how best to use the internet for this purpose - maybe the facebook page will be a step in the right direction.

Basic Member
    I saw your thread Arkatakor but keep in mind that getting games up on a reliable host are hard. This is why a lot of people stick to dedicated server games.

I think its easier to just remove Zeus & Spectre. And as you said its a quick change

Quote Originally Posted by Insanitis View Post
    getting games up on a reliable host are hard.
    Even if Ark map was perfectly balanced, people would still play the official dota2 version (unless Valve took it down). People are lame like that.

I think its easier to just remove Zeus & Spectre. And as you said its a quick change
    Yup removing Zeus is the kind of ludicrous 'solution' I would expect from Valve. Specter is still a very contitional hero, makes it easier for the other team to stomp at early, and stomps are common (few people play a good spectre and farm a radi by say min 15-20) . Wraith King with scepter is just as IMBA, as is Furion scepter/refresher and half-decent push skills.

Basically a team with Zeus, AA, Furion, Spectre -> Will ALWAYS WIN if game is not a stomp from 1 side. Constant nukes from global ults is a death sentence as the match progresses.
    Last edited by Himself; 04-04-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanitis View Post
    I saw your thread Arkatakor but keep in mind that getting games up on a reliable host are hard. This is why a lot of people stick to dedicated server games.
    Not all current dedicated server games started out as dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Himself View Post
    Even if Ark map was perfectly balanced, people would still play the official dota2 version (unless Valve took it down). People are lame like that.
    Yep; there are players out there who WANT the imbalance, Zues players in particular come to mind. I noticed that 90% of them use their ult only to ks but virtually never use it as soon as an ally initiates a fight to support said ally. Zues players in 10v10 are the scum of the universe. When a player picks zues on my team, I politely ask them to repick stating that zues is a game spoiler. If they don't repick I find myself usually quitting as I find it completely unchallenging and pointless.
    Last edited by Arkatakor; 04-05-2016 at 07:25 AM.

So, guess the game is officially gone to hell.

Kinda too much to ask of them to improve a custom mode when they can't even fix the giant mouse pointer issue.

Basic Member
    So, guess the game is officially gone to hell.

Kinda too much to ask of them to improve a custom mode when they can't even fix the giant mouse pointer issue.
    I had to find an obscure solution to that bug; you need to rightclick on dota 2 in steam library, choose properties then in launch options paste this: -cursor_scale_percent 100

And to get back to topic; valve can you kindly perform the following steps:

1) open the herolist.txt file in your 10v10 mod directory
    2) change the value for Zues to 0 from 1
    3) republish
    4) add publish note; Zues removed.

Performing the above steps will save thousands of games that are being played daily. And I promise all the above steps will not take more than a minute for whoever made the mod in your company. Really.
    Last edited by Arkatakor; 04-26-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Yeah, had to search a fix for that 24 hrs after Valve failed to patch their own mistake, 1 day is enough to fix a simple mouse bug anywhere. Not that they cared.

C'MON VALVE, IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO SPARE 1 HOUR FOR A LITTLE MAINTENANCE IN THIS MAP? DO IT OR PUT DOWN AND LET CUSTOM MAPERS FILL THE GAP.

Has this company no shame, or the slightest hint of respect for its players :/

Basic Member
    C'MON VALVE, IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO SPARE 1 HOUR FOR A LITTLE MAINTENANCE IN THIS MAP? DO IT OR PUT DOWN AND LET CUSTOM MAPERS FILL THE GAP.
    I'd be willing to fill in the gap. Valve if you are reading this and are up for this suggestion, feel free to let me know.