Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bots on human/player side being utterly useless

Basic Member
    My biggest problem is when 2/3 ally bots push into a 5 man enemy group under a tower and get utterly destroyed.

Basic Member
    Oh my gosh are bots messed up in this game.

Enemy bots use abilities upon us being anywhere near them. They're always great lands, always stunning or otherwise disabling the right foes and wrecking everything. Even on easy.

Allied bots don't use abilities, they charge into enemy teams to die, don't defend bases.

I even had an allied Crystal Maiden run away from a Teamfight we were actually winning.

The logic I imagine being used is that it forces the human players to be good, right? having a flaw on your team so that human skill wins the game and you actually learn how to play. But Dota requires teamwork, and when your allies have rocks for brains you will be extremely frustrated while learning very little.

Basic Member
    ^Chris said there are no differences in the AI on the human side compared to the AI-only side.

Valve Developer
    Well, there are no intentional differences. There are some differences because the bots are inferring what the human player's intentions are rather than simply knowing what their bot teammates' intentions are.

Also people tend to notice bot mistakes on their own team more than they notice bot mistakes on the enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Also people tend to notice mistakes on their own team more than they notice mistakes on the enemy team.
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

Also people tend to notice bot mistakes on their own team more than they notice bot mistakes on the enemy team.
    You're a lot more likely to notice mistakes that get you killed. (Here's looking at every time the bots run away from a winning team fight)

Basic Member
    Observations

-I always go mid. My bot allies will ALWAYS say "pushing mid" and come push mid at around 8-10 minutes.

-There needs to be a way to control your ally bot behaviour, at least on a macro scale. Spamming ping gets them to the general area, but that's about it. This is especially important for someone who is trying to practice ganking. You can't practice ganks if your "teammates" don't respond to you. Like someone mentioned, maybe a way to prioritize actions?

-Continuing from the previous post, maybe some separate bot (or practice game) only commands. D1 had plenty of -commands for their AI maps. Maybe a moveable window with command buttons? Or portraits of your ally heroes with some commands?

-AI bots will do the chicken dance whenenver they are "scared." This could be when the enemy has a ridiculous gank heavy line-up that has smashed your AI over and over again. This ALWAYS happens when you're hero is super powered compared to them, and you try to fight 1 or 2. They won't even try to fight back, use a skill to escape, etc. They do one of two things: 1) run straight back to base or nearest tower, and 2) run around like a headless chicken.

I have more things I could say, but it pretty much boils down to needing some way to issue commands to your AI, on a team or individual scale.