Thread: [Suggestion] Option to disable using items/spells/sticky with left click

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Option to disable using items/spells/sticky with left click

Can you please implement an option to disaple left clicking on the item/spell/sticky icons in the HUD, so you cannot accidently use them (e.g. when switching item slots you have to drag them by holding the left mouse button). I'm quite sure this would improve the game experience for a lot of players.

It's already implemented specifically for such clumsy people.
    You can activate it by adding to your autoexec.cfg or just entering into console the command:
    dota_swap_mouse_spellcast 1

But there are some downsides to it, like buggy/not working doubletap to selfcast

Basic Member
    Thanks for the quick reply, but... After entering the command into the console and demoing a hero I didn't see any difference, still could just left click on my item to use it. Any ideas?

Ah, now I see. This only works for spells, but not for items. However, items are the most important part for me, since quickly swapping their inventory slots can lose you games, when you accidentally double click. ):

Basic Member
    With the new HUD it's way harder to missclick on one's abilities and items, as the icons are smaller, so it's fine for me now. (: