Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My Project :D

Thanks guys . I am feeling better. If any of you would like to have all your matches automagically parsed, just let me know your steam IDs!

Update: the spoofing route is hard, but definitely the way to go; zero reliability problems so far, unlike some other things *AHEM*.

did you use the C# library or roll your own?

Java, actually. I am a self-taught dev, and don't have time or inclination to dive into C#. I have to do hokey things to hook it into my python infrastructure, but it works!

I didn't know there was a java lib for it!

at the end of the day it's just protobuf, which is not language specific so you could have written it all in python!

C# is not bad, I used to be a Java dev at uni, then I touched C# in my first job and never looked back.
    C# is like java, but without the old chronies on the board mandating that it has to work like it did when it was invented...

Maybe I will have to look into it . My dark secret is that I am not actually a good dev; no CS degree, mostly self taught, mostly higher-level languages; I am vaguely paranoid about it.

[https://github.com/skadistats/clarity](Clarity) is the java library, and it is actually really nice to work with; spheenik does great work.

I used to use smoke(?), but python was just too slow, even with the C bindings. It was a sad time

sorry, i meant for the spoofing.

i knew you used clarity for the parsing!
    I would *never* suggest writing your own parser.
    Trust me I started and it's an absolute pain in the ass to do.
    So many things that just don't make sense and are hidden away.
    So many magic numbers.

Aha, sorry! I use node-dota2 for that. I am much more comfortable with js bots, even though callback hell "is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance."

I didn't know this existed.
    that's pretty freakin cool!

kudos to mr RJackson