Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Solo-only queue for Match-Making

Basic Member
    Fuck this shit been qued against 5 man stacks twice in just the last 2 MM games i had

LoL got this right:

If you queue with friends u face the exact same number of stacked opponents.
    On top of that you can play ranked 5v5 ladder where you face other 5 man teams.

Problem, Valve?

Quote Originally Posted by Xezko View Post
    then how are you supposed to play if you are a party of 4? you'll never find that +1 because he'll always be on the solo only q.
    Teams of 4 would have to unfortunately pull one from the solo pool, but maybe with some protection for the solo player, like reports and stuff.

A great option at the end of a 1+4 game would be a vote, to play together as a 5 man team again. This could even help make friends and form more 5 man teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Xezko View Post
    then how are you supposed to play if you are a party of 4? you'll never find that +1 because he'll always be on the solo only q.
    4 man + 1 man team against a 4 man + 1 man team. Here is your answer. Same applies to 3+2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Albain View Post
    -It promotes More teamplay IMHO, for the simple fact that it is fair on both sides and playing as a team is as important as ever. Of course the 4 friends are going to play as a team, they are all on vent, or skype and have their lane combos already picked out, etc.
    It will be more chat battles IMHO. Cos its Power of Random. They wont listen any1. In fact, game will become Wheel of fortune, or how it called. Only agree that it shouldnt be random vs 5ppl premade(like in SC2).
    What will be if Doom will eat creep in which has sat down N'aix?
    How to win game against Zeus in -WTF mode?

I agree, it's very annoying when you play with a support solo, all your team has random int and you're matched against a pre-made 5 player team complete with warders, carry, pusher roamers and gankers. There's absolutely no chance.... even if you manage to fend off the push for a while, the carry will still own your ass because he's got his team backing him up; and all of your team mates are so busy either dying or trying to defend pushed towers that no one even bothers looking for the carry (who has pretty much free farm all game). Then, try explaining Rexxar, that his role is actually disruptor (aka target the carry and disable/distract him for as long as possible) when he's only casting his ultimate as a replacement for culling blade (aka finishing dying 1-hit heroes).

Face it, normal random pub solo-ers teams have no chance against even mediocre pre-made teams.

I fully agree with matching teamed players against same numbers. 2 player teams will match against 2 player teams (while the rest are solo-ers) and so forth. Furthermore when I DO play with a team, I would much rather have an entire organized team as opponent rather than some solo every-man-for-himself team, I'd rather have a hard engaging game than win 5 boring games in a row.

Basic Member
    its a bad idea.

I've won plenty of solo vs 5 man premade games and i've lost as a 5 man premade vs solos.
    The reason is the majority of "5 man premade" teams are just a group of friends playing together for fun, they're no more tactical or serious then 5 solos except they chat and make jokes on vent, its just as unfair to put those against keeno tryhard pub stomp teams as it is 5 solos.
    Not to mention you said premade teams have wards, courier, proper team setups etc etc. In hon you will get those items and a proper team setup in every solo game at 1800+ mmr, so just give it time for the match making to work when the games public and you'll more then likely (if you're good enough) get games like that.

Quote Originally Posted by samich View Post
    its a bad idea.

I've won plenty of solo vs 5 man premade games and i've lost as a 5 man premade vs solos.
    The reason is the majority of "5 man premade" teams are just a group of friends playing together for fun, they're no more tactical or serious then 5 solos except they chat and make jokes on vent, its just as unfair to put those against keeno tryhard pub stomp teams as it is 5 solos.
    Not to mention you said premade teams have wards, courier, proper team setups etc etc. In hon you will get those items and a proper team setup in every solo game at 1800+ mmr, so just give it time for the match making to work when the games public and you'll more then likely (if you're good enough) get games like that.
    Wow, I completely disagree with this. When I was playing with some friends, matchmaking was soo bad in HoN we stomped the game so fast it was not even fun most of the time.

So you are saying that 5 total strangers play better as a team then a group of friends that play together all the time and are 99 percent on voice comms?

I was 1800+ in HoN btw.

I really hope valve makes it priority to match a 5 man team vs another 5 man team.

Basic Member
    certainly if people play together all the time they may start to develop tendancies of team play even if they aren't playing seriously, but if they're playing together all the time they will boost their mmr and soon be playing opponents who are individually far superior to them. But where is the harm in that?

Quote Originally Posted by samich View Post
    certainly if people play together all the time they may start to develop tendancies of team play even if they aren't playing seriously, but if they're playing together all the time they will boost their mmr and soon be playing opponents who are individually far superior to them. But where is the harm in that?
    I am sorry you can't grasp the concept I am trying to elaborate on.