Thread: [Axe] Counter Helix doesn't use a regular cooldown, so it cannot be reduced/increased

[Axe] Counter Helix doesn't use a regular cooldown, so it cannot be reduced/increased

Counter Helix has a cooldown, which is also displayed in the ability description. It's even affected by the cd reductions from Octarine Core and Arcane Rune. But it's only visual. The actual cooldown is not reduced.

It's also unaffected by Time Dilation, which affects every other passive ability which has a cooldown.

It also does not display the cooldown on the icon when it goes on cooldown. Compare it to Legion Commander's Moment of Courage, which also is a passive with a cooldown. Its icon does go on cooldown when it procs. It is also affected by cd reductions and time dilation.

As you can see here, Moment of Courage's cooldown is displayed on the icon and it is also frozen by Time Dilation. Counter Helix on the other hand does not have its cooldown displayed and is unaffected Time Dilation. When having octarine core or arcane rune, the cooldown in the tooltip does show a reduced value on helix, but the actual proc cooldown is unaffected.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 03-08-2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added post 7.00 vid
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member

Time Dilation and Counter Helix interaction bug

Time dilation does not put counter helix on cd. It does however work on Legion commander passive (moment of courage). Not sure if intended or bug.
    Match ID: 2513168476

I noticed it while watching draskyl stream.

edit:forget everything. just saw confirmed post by bu3ny.
    Last edited by Bork93; 07-18-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Here is a video making it very clear that Counter Helix does not use a regular cooldown

I did nothing but increase the cooldown value in the npc_abilities.txt file. This only changed the displayed cooldown in the tooltip. The actual proc chance is unchanged.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member

Time dilation(void) cannot lock counter helix (axe)

I tested in the demo. Time dilation can even lock legion passive(cd: 0.6s) when I equip lc with octarine core. But time dilation does not work on counter helix(cd: 0.3s). Is that designed intentionally or it's just a bug?