Thread: So do we not get any bug fixes?

Basic Member

So do we not get any bug fixes?

Currently everything in the Spring cleaning update was only for hammer and custom games it seems.

I feel I may be solo on this idea, but I'm absolutely tired of s2fm having no documentation (WHY EVEN PUT A NOTE ABOUT THE HEADING OF A VALUE BEING WRONG WHEN YOU CAN JUST CHANGE THE VALUE PARTICLE EDITOR???), having no skybox (spring cleaning update fucking lmao), having lighting issue with every single water tile for the past 10 months, bones/cloth stretching with each modification (scrub to clean it up is annoying as crap), and crashes everytime you want to try something new with textures.

I mean that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Can someone at valve that works on their cinematics at least help use to document what the fuck is not even documented in s2fm?? I mean this isn't exactly a hard thing to do, but I'm 100% sure it keeps any extremely new people from even touching s2fm. Go have a look at any online forum for sfm/dota. No one wants to use s2fm because it is the most user unfriendly application I have ever seen, and this is coming from an electrical engineer!

*on the last point, if you ever use solidworks, maya, autocad, they all have built in tutorials. I knwo that's asling a lot, but s2fm isn't exactly the bastion it was advertised as, and it always seems like a stretch to convince people to use it. The backend may be decently better than normal sfm, but honestly, it is such a hurdle to get people to even try it out.
    Last edited by moartuba; 03-29-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Aside from you sound totally condescending and entitled, I have to agree that S2FM, in its current shape, is far from being a solid "competitor" to the old SFM, even when it comes down to making Dota 2 videos. I made 3 videos in S2FM, one won in the Saxxy 2015 Drama category, so I guess that I have some solid experience with it. Guess what I am doing right now? I am learning the old SFM, as it feels that community actually cares about that version. It feels alive. The current S2FM workflow has a lot of tedious parts that decrease the overall experience. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing piece of software at the end of the day for an average user, but for creating some advanced stuff, you are better with the old version. Pretty ironic when you think about it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D2P.Nexus View Post
    Aside from you sound totally condescending and entitled, I have to agree that S2FM, in its current shape, is far from being a solid "competitor" to the old SFM, even when it comes down to making Dota 2 videos. I made 3 videos in S2FM, one won in the Saxxy 2015 Drama category, so I guess that I have some solid experience with it. Guess what I am doing right now? I am learning the old SFM, as it feels that community actually cares about that version. It feels alive. The current S2FM workflow has a lot of tedious parts that decrease the overall experience. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing piece of software at the end of the day for an average user, but for creating some advanced stuff, you are better with the old version. Pretty ironic when you think about it.
    It's only condescending because Spring cleaning didn't fix any of the bugs we've been reporting and the only one getting anything done at all is the modding community in this repo: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/ValveResourceFormat

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    Joeprime (one of the devs who I assume is part of the SFM/S2FM team) used to check here often. This no longer seems to be the case, from the looks of it.