Thread: Mouse Acceleration, Speed and Smoothing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Mouse Acceleration, Speed and Smoothing

Hi, Sorry if this has been posted before but searching didn't yeld any related results.

Currently my mouse responce time feels cluncky and delayed and i noticed there is no option to change mouse acceleration speed in-game(Sure you could change the windows one but per game mouse speed is a treat and needed imo) and enable hardware cursor (i think thats what it's called in TF2 (since they use the same engine)) to enable better responce times.

Just an idea, sorry for the crappy english and i hope you got my point, if not, reply.

Edit : ok so the TF2 option is called "Raw Input" and i was talking about the "Mouse Acceleration" and "Mouse Sensitivity" options that are present on alot of games.
    Last edited by Etheras; 01-26-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Exact Terms Claryfied

Mouse acceleration is a different thing than sensitivity. It makes the cursor skip pixels if you drag the mouse fast enough and you are only able to allow that in your control panel.

Mouse speed you change in the sensitivity console command, which may be the same thing you have in the settings panel. Enable the console in the launcher properties by adding "-console" to it.

Other than that, not much to do but get a mouse with a better DPI. Never experienced delayed mouse cursor before, if i had to guess i'd say it has nothing to do with the game, but i did have seen something along those lines with tablets. Unaware of what the cause is though.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the responce, wasn't aware that mouse acceleration was a different thing than sensitivity,
    Having said that i do believe it would be very important to have such an option to the settings and not just as a concole command and i've heard from other games that the "raw input" option makes an impact to the mouse responce time.
    Other than that i will go hunting for the concole command for sensitivity in-case any1 else is troubled and thanks again for you responce was very helpfull.

Basic Member
    -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -useforcedmparms in launch options.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -useforcedmparms in launch options.
    Just tried this, seems to somewhat solve the mouse reaction time issues i've been having, thanks.
    Although i still believe there should be an option in the settings for it .
    Thanks again.