Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how to bind a "select all other units (hero included)" button

Basic Member

how to bind a "select all other units (hero included)" button

so i've found that the command for select all other units is dota_select_all_others ..problem is that it never selects your main hero...normally that isn't a problem since no one needs that unless they're playing meepo/chen....and i'm practicing so much meepo at the moment that i need a function like that so that the scenario of "3rd meepo on 1hp ---> select the guy ---> move it back --->select all other meepos --->oh wait i have to drag by my mouth to use the main meepo ggwp" never happens

so basically i need the command for this: bind KEY "dota_select_all_others; (add main hero to the selected units)"

ty in advance

Basic Member
    "dota_select_all_others; (add main hero to the selected units)" it is called, select all units. This option is in settings.
    Use Control groups, there you can beend your meepos. How you want.

Basic Member
    Dude what i'm saying is that it doesn't actually select the main meepo...can you even read?

It is you that cannot read. There is a GUI options in Hotkeys to bind a key to the Select All Units action (console command: dota_select_all).
    So keep on "drag by my mouth"...

Basic Member
    i thought that was a typo of his and that he meant select all OTHER units cause simply what he said has nothing to do with the topic...select all units selects everything....i wanna select basically everything including the hero EXCEPT the one i'm selecting at that moment

Basic Member
    Oh dear........ Your posts are very confusing and contradicting. When your English is bad don't expect others to be able to read your post.

There are 4 "pre-programmed control group keys":
    1. Select (main) hero.
    2. Select all other player-owned units (this does not include the main hero).
    3. Select all player-owned units. (player-owned units = your units)
    4. Select courier.

What you are suggesting is:
    Invert current selection.

This isn't a question of how to do it because such option does not exist. This is a suggestion to make playing micro intensive heroes easier.

PS: If you want to become good with Meepo you shouldn't use those "pre-programmed control group keys". You are limiting yourself. What happens if you pull 1 injured Meepo clone back? The select all (other) unit key becomes worthless since they include the injured Meepo clone. With control group keys you can easily solve the problem by making a new control group.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    guys if you don't know this yet.....the "select all other units" function does what you describe as "inverting current selection" but ignores the main hero...it doesn't, as i get through your replies, select everything but the hero...it's everything but the current selected unit(s) excluding the hero...what i need it simply adding the hero to the current selected group (so that i can use SOAU on ex:meepo no4 and after it selects meepo no2/3/5 it adds the main meepo to the group)

anyways sorry in advance if the misinterpretation is on my side.

Basic Member
    Wrong. Select all other units does not invert. It selects all your units but your hero. I just tested this to be sure.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    jesus christ....i've believed for 3 days now that it actually doesnt select your current unit OMG......i'm insanely and truly sorry for the inconvience guys...i don't even know what to say....this has never happened to me before.

so to get done with this pointless topic :a select everything but this 1 i'm controlling simply can't be played around in the commands?

i'm again truly and sincerely sorry.Thank you for your patience