Thread: Recording in gnu/linux.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Recording in gnu/linux.

I'm using SimpleScreenRecorder on Linux to record a repetition in DOTA 2. However, recording straight from OpenGL requires injection, which is sometimes used for hacks. See the site:

http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescr...g-steam-games/

This software works great, but I don't want to get VACed just for recording and streaming games. Is it safe to use?

This question was originally posted in http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/di...8822788353169/ but there were no answers.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Basic Member
    This should be asked in the gihub tracker. Valve people never post in this subforum (well, they barely post on the whole dev.dota2.com board, but the linux feedback subforum is completely dead).
    This being said, there's no guarantee you'll get an answer, Valve is generally very tight lipped about anything related to VAC. OTOH, if that guy hasn't been VACed in the 2 years since he made that post, you could assume the program is safe to use.

Hi thanks for your answer. I didn't post in the github because that seemed to me to be bug related only, and this more of a question of what is allowed and what not. I thought it was worth asking because of the reborn dota: I wasn't sure if something changed that made simplescreenrecorder now riskier. In the end I followed your advice and recorded without problems nor vacs. Anyway, it would be good to have a definitive answer from Valve in this thema. Thanks!

openbroadcaster with anti cheat hook setting enabled.