Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many matches to join Ranked Match?

How many matches to join Ranked Match?

This guy had played 172 matches (from his history of game play, assuming around 50+ are Ranked, which means around 100+ matches are normal).
    In Dota 2 we have 100+ heroes.
    So, do developer allows a newly joined player who just experienced every single hero by ONCE in his Dota game match to join Ranked Match?
    Totally brainless!!! ~

Why don't restrict them from playing in Ranked Match if their victory in normal match haven't reach a certain point? When a player is thinking or wanting to enter Ranked Match, he should know that he needs to push himself more in order to join the competitive war because he needs that VICTORY, else he cannot join the Ranked Match.

What the developer had did all this time is allowing so many players to join Ranked Match like players who still never know all heroes at all. PLEASE THINK BACK, Mr. Dev!

Adding: If the dev really allowing them to join Ranked All Pick with such low game matches, then why don't restrict them from playing unless they achieve certain victory point for ALL HEROES in Dota 2 heroes pool?

p/s:https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...d_match_legit/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crystal Nova - lce; 04-13-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    [ SEA & Western English are different ~ please understand ]
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -

bump ~

Here is an example I want to give to correct back those newbies who achieve the "license" to join Ranked All pick.
    Ranked All pick is a mode that allows players to pick heroes from all heroes pool (not limited heroes), not like Normal Limited Heroes mode.

If a player played 172 matches only and his total number of winning is 112 or 100+, then the problem is here...for every single hero, he achieve less than 2 victories but he can join a mode where competitive level is putting all heroes among the 10 players.

Why don't make every players to compulsorily achieve at least 5 or 10 victories for every single hero in Dota 2 in order to join Ranked All pick?
    Or change the system of Ranked All pick to be something like this:
    1. If a player achieves 2000 matches played, then he can join Ranked All pick but with limited heroes of 56 (half of total) unless he achieve more than 5 victories for each Dota 2 hero.
    2. If a player achieves 5000 matches played, then he can join Ranked All pick but with limited heroes too (number of limitation depends on real community votes from Dota 2 website, not this forum) unless he achieves more than 3 or 5 victories for each Dota 2 hero.
    3. If 1 and 2 are not good then why don't limit those players who joining Ranked All Pick to be eligible in picking the heroes they have records of victories only? If they don't have records of victories for Techies or Tinker or etc, then they can't pick those.

To me, the "All-Heroes Challenge" project made by Valve is kinda a fail project or mission if it is made for players to test all heroes. I can see with my eyes that most players are not completing it.

sry for bad eng ~
    Last edited by Crystal Nova - lce; 04-14-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -

bump...
    -

Basic Member
    Unlocking heroes for ranked..

Interesting.

10 wins to unlock a hero for ranked. You need at least 10 heroes unlocked in order to queue for ranked games.

10 * 10 = 100 matches won
    Last edited by wolf633; 04-14-2016 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf633 View Post
    Unlocking heroes for ranked..

Interesting.

10 wins to unlock a hero for ranked. You need at least 10 heroes unlocked in order to queue for ranked games.

10 * 10 = 100 matches won
    It can be good but not really good. Ranked All pick is not a competitive match that involves personal survival when there is war. If the system allowing a player who mastering in few heroes only (although he has a lot of victories in those heroes but not all), there is probability that he doesn't know how or unable to counter or goes against the enemies' heroes during war, especially when counter-picking because Ranked All pick is zig-zag picking. He might be doesn't know how to build items to counter the heroes he never knows at all.

Example: Player Alex mastering in using Juggernaut, Ursa, and Windranger. He knows a lot about these 3 heroes. But his experiences and knowledge in other heroes are very low or maybe nothing, which means he doesn't knows there are a lot of heroes can counter the heroes he is mastering.

That is the reason, if heroes pool is too small then the chance to lose is very high. If Ranked All pick has no rules in picking of heroes, then players can simply spam to play and get experiences for their Trophy of Experience.

A lot of people are questioning me and said all these are not matter to Ranked Match but I want to say that it's not about the problem of MMR but it is the problem of their QUALIFICATION. I really don't understand why they said not matter...
    Last edited by Crystal Nova - lce; 04-14-2016 at 06:00 AM.
    -

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Nova - lce View Post
    It can be good but not really good. Ranked All pick is not a competitive match that involves personal survival when there is war. If the system allowing a player who mastering in few heroes only (although he has a lot of victories in those heroes but not all), there is probability that he doesn't know how or unable to counter or goes against the enemies' heroes during war, especially when counter-picking because Ranked All pick is zig-zag picking. He might be doesn't know how to build items to counter the heroes he never knows at all.

Example: Player Alex mastering in using Juggernaut, Ursa, and Windranger. He knows a lot about these 3 heroes. But his experiences and knowledge in other heroes are very low or maybe nothing, which means he doesn't knows there are a lot of heroes can counter the heroes he is mastering.

That is the reason, if heroes pool is too small then the chance to lose is very high. If Ranked All pick has no rules in picking of heroes, then players can simply spam to play and get experiences for their Trophy of Experience.

A lot of people are questioning me and said all these are not matter to Ranked Match but I want to say that it's not about the problem of MMR but it is the problem of their QUALIFICATION. I really don't understand why they said not matter...
    I noticed said things in CM when they disabled Ranked AP. Players were usually worse than in normal AP because they couldn't play their good heroes and shine with them.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf633 View Post
    I noticed said things in CM when they disabled Ranked AP. Players were usually worse than in normal AP because they couldn't play their good heroes and shine with them.
    A lot of "licensed" players who joined Ranked All pick never do proper training for the heroes they are picking. They are rushing for heroes they like or want to play, for the sake of their entertainment or MMR only. #feelSadOnRankedQualificationRules
    -

Basic Member
    Quite the most stupidest idea I've ever heard of. Please stop posting, every time you post, you make everyone on this forum baffled.

Now you suggest you need 10-5 wins on every hero. So theres 100+ heroes, which would require 500-1000 wins, but since you can't have 100% winrate you'd need around 1000-2000 matches.

So you basically need 1000 hours to join ranked? This is a joke and this thread should be closed. Every time. Every time you post in this forum, my mind breaks because you suggest something so fringe I can only assume you are not from this planet.

Or you could be that 1k mmr guy that has been playing since 5.56 I met two days ago on my smurf...

Quote Originally Posted by testuser8 View Post
    Quite the most stupidest idea I've ever heard of. Please stop posting, every time you post, you make everyone on this forum baffled.

Now you suggest you need 10-5 wins on every hero. So theres 100+ heroes, which would require 500-1000 wins, but since you can't have 100% winrate you'd need around 1000-2000 matches.

So you basically need 1000 hours to join ranked? This is a joke and this thread should be closed. Every time. Every time you post in this forum, my mind breaks because you suggest something so fringe I can only assume you are not from this planet.

Or you could be that 1k mmr guy that has been playing since 5.56 I met two days ago on my smurf...
    You just answered your own stupidity. Because of player like you, so there are those who got the dumb "license". I don't need your reply in my post. If you dislike it, then just report to the mod. Not to reply with something to show your opinions/feelings/thoughts that could cause conflict in the forum. No point to reply you in future.
    -

This is all a bit too restrictive don't you think? One of the best aspects of dota is the plethora of choice when it comes to hero selection and modes to play in. I do agree that we could do with a better, more robust tutorial. But i don't think we need to shove it down people's throats.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.