Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] AoE spell indicator off - casts elsewhere

Basic Member

[Fixed] AoE spell indicator off - casts elsewhere

Bug: Any AoE spell will have the mouse center not correspond with where the AoE indicator is shown that the spell will have an effect. The center of the spell will still be where you clicked with the mouse (so its' really the AoE indicator being off).

Normal spell cast:
    Use shortcut, you see spell aoe, mouse pointer will be in center of this aoe circle
    dota0002.jpg
    Click with mouse on target
    dota0003.jpg
    Spell gets cast
    dota0004.jpg

Do the same again but before casting, either start off by trying to cast spell by clicking with mouse on icon, or scroll the screen in any direction. You will see that mouse is NOT in the center of the AoE indicator but actually in the center of a very slightly glowing circle of the same size (you can actually see it in the screenshot below if you compare it with the next one where you see where it actually cast the spell)
    dota0005.jpg
    Click with mouse on ground to cast spell, it will not get cast where blue AoE indicator was showing
    dota0006.jpg
    See spell area in effect
    dota0007.jpg

Basic Member
    I always get this, too.
    For me it happens when quickly moving my mouse (gets even worse if moving it to the edge of the screen - moving camera) after I pressed the spell key (so the circle shows).

Basic Member

AoE spell indicator off - casts elsewhere

Summary:
    Whenever you pan the camera while having the AoE circle(The blue one), the blue circle will move away from the circle. However your spell still cast on the point u click.

Repro:
    1) Pick Invoker and level up sunstrike
    2) Press T to prepare sunstrike
    3) Right click at any point on the minimap ( Not all point, just keep doing )

Result:
    You will realize the blue circle is off from your mouse cursor

Expected:
    Your cursor should stay in the middle of the circle.

Apparently screenshot doesn't capture the cursor, but if you realize where i drew the circle, there's a faint blue circle and the center of it is exactly where my mouse cursor was and where the sunstrike will hit if i clicked it.
    Attachment 9274
    Attached Images Attached Images

AOE indicator indeed lags and it still has not changed. It would feel/play much better, if there was no lag. In WC3 there was no lag on the pointer and I think that's because it was treated similar to the mouse pointer. Now with the serverbased structure of Dota 2 it seems that the lag influences the indicators position (basically you see the pointer where it was 0,1 s before). Since targetting is done very fast, accuracy on the pointer is required or to say it differently: if it is inaccurate it leads to confusion instead of helping to aim the spell.

I also appended a video where you can see the lag and also some little visual glitch you can see at the end:
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Basic Member
    Please fix it. It really annoys.

It can use some attention devs
    Really annoying!

Basic Member
    I hope it is not difficult to fix.

Basic Member
    Played Invoker yesterday and it also kept happening to me when i wanted to use Sunstrike. Very annoying.

Basic Member
    +1

I'm here to complain, this needs fixed. I also don't remember it always doing this, I missed like 3 sunstrikes because of this:[