Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: All Dota 2 GUI Settings - autoexec.cfg reference

Basic Member
    With your answer, I can give it up now.
    thank you sir.

Banned
    I have no idea why. Maybe because Russian version of Windows 10. But only this BAT works. Can you advice any updates on this BAT? Outdated \ new parameters?

Code:
    start C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Steam"\"steamapps"\"common"\"dota 2 beta"\"game"\"bin"\"win64"\dota2.exe -dx11 -high -mainthreadpriority 1 -novr -nojoy -disablehangwatchdog -noloaderlockprobe -forcepow2dxt -maxtextureres 256 -oldtexturestreaming -swap_chain_as_is -onethreadpool -dx11renderthreadstack -language russian

EXIT

Basic Member
    its possible make like on that screen?
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...096&height=616

seems they use dota_mmr
    condump to file
    then read it after match and make different from previous and current mmr

P.S. nvm. found it https://github.com/AveYo/D-OPTIMIZER/releases/tag/4.6
    Last edited by mukas62; 10-02-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks for the great guide!
    It would be really helpful if you could explain those launch options in detail:
    // -threads 2 -onethreadpool -dx9renderthreadstack -dx11renderthreadstack -disallowhwmorph -swap_chain_as_is -deferTextureLoads

Regards

Valve does not provide any detail about such troubleshooting options
    - threads: max number of threads the main dota executable can use (it should never be more than your number of processor cores / cores x 2 if using hyperthreading) - you're better off letting dota decide
    - onethreadpool: quick and dirty filesystem and dx11 parallelism that seemed to work better for my old core2 + 8800gs but would most likely suck on an amd system with low single thread performance or any newer hardware in general
    -dx9renderthreadstack -dx11renderthreadstack: that's probably just debugging
    -disallowhwmorph: used to improve performance for really outdated hardware (old intel onboard, old nvidia and ati), should not be used with anything recent
    -swap_chain_as_is: helps with bottlenecks (when either the cpu is faster than the gpu or the gpu is faster than the cpu and can't keep up with each other) - use when the console is spammed with swap chain messages
    -deferTextureLoads: helps with low video memory (onboard gpu or dedicated less than 512MB such as ancient 8800GT 256MB or 9600GSO 384MB) I guess it could help cards with less than 1GB run in higher resolution without texture flickering (even in main menu)
    this dumb forum still eats new lines in posts for two years now...

thank you!
    by the way, where do you dig up all this information? I obviously tried to find this stuff on my own but most of the time there is almost nothing to go by.

I've extracted info from dota 2 beta\game\bin\win64\ via GetLaunchOptions.bat [ https://pastebin.com/bhQrywES ] - run once, then right-click - Send to on any folder having game exe's and dll's and it will generate a _LAUNCHOPTIONS_ subfolder with all the interesting strings + a summary