Thread: Axe's Counter Helix goes through BKB?

Basic Member

Axe's Counter Helix goes through BKB?

Is this intended? I know that it was fully piercing spell immunity before but it made sense since it was dealing physical damage. Yeah, yeah, I know the two are independent after the change a couple of patches ago but there is a very very strong correlation still. It's bizzare to see since the only other non ult ability to do this is midnight pulse. Aside from that only a few ults do pure damage and pierce - impetus, sonic wave, laguna blade(only after agha), doom.

So, I'm just double checking since there was no clarification in the patch notes and it is out of the ordinary.

black king bar provides spell immunity, which in turn gives 100% magic resistance, axe's damage is pure, not magical, and is not a targeted spell, it makes sense that it would work through everything.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

Basic Member
    purification, sun ray, timber chain, emp...?

I wasn't complete before, Sun Strike and Pudge's hook are the other abilities aside from Midnight pulse. But unlike Counter Helix those involve a great deal of skill to land/luck to land, and can be somewhat justified as an exception. Heck, even if you compare it to Midnight pulse, it just looks bizzare. For Midnight pulse to do damage you need the ult in 99% of the time. In axe's case you just need your call(another non-ult ability that costs little mana, has short cd and is not channeling), that also goes through BKB just like Black hole (basically a slightly smaller black hole minus the tiny damage a black hole provides).

I know what you think, this is imbalanced, but it's probably intended, because icefrog is a madman. Also all those spells you mentioned are targeted in one form or another.
    Last edited by Assguard; 04-26-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.