Thread: Asset browser crashes the client

Asset browser crashes the client

My tools client crashes while browsing the models and reaching a certain one (or several, idk).
    Leaves me with nothing but numerous entries of this:
    Code:
    [ W General              ]: c:\buildslave\source2_dota_rel_win64\build\src\rendersystem\texturebase.cpp(2069):ResourceHandleToData(  ) failed! Falling back to error texture!
    [ W RenderSystem         ]: Attempting to render without calling BindRenderTargets!
    [ W RenderSystem         ]: Attempting to render without calling BindRenderTargets!
    in the console.

Though that's probably not linked with the crashes because these errors start to appear while browsing the materials/models long before the actual crash.

Anybody who had this issue?
    Can i fix it on my end?
    Last edited by Ambassador; 04-27-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    Do you have any custom models or materials? If not, it would help to post a crash dump for the devs to take a look at. You can find crash dumps in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/dumps (just regular /Program Files/ if you're running on a 32 bit system). Take the one that was created most recently, if you have multiple crash dumps, or recreate the crash and upload the newly created dump. You'll have to compress/ZIP it first, for it to upload to the forum properly (or maybe not, you can try to upload it directly as it is too). You can upload it onto your original post or create a new one below mine. Pressing the "Go Advanced" button while editing a post or posting will allow you to see the option to attach a file (with this button )

I do have custom models, but there weren't any issues with them. I had no models with the word furion in it, yet it crashed when i searched "furion vmdl".
    It's either fixed or inconsistent. I can view these models just fine atm.

Attached a crash dump, thanks for the tip!
    Attached Files Attached Files