Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing almost every texture - just green and blue patches?

Basic Member
    Post your VGA, maybe it's the directx that your VGA can't handle or something like that. Have you ever played other source game? (DOD,TF2, HL,CS). If yes, I think they could fix this and you probably will be able to play.

Basic Member
    try checking your r_deferred_global_light in console. set it to 1 and see if it helps. i set it to zero and i got exactly how 2nd screenie look like

i tried checking that in console but mine's at 1 and i have still have the orbs problem too.

Basic Member
    you have 2.3 ghz lol fail, u need to upgrade.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropa View Post
    Post your VGA, maybe it's the directx that your VGA can't handle or something like that. Have you ever played other source game? (DOD,TF2, HL,CS). If yes, I think they could fix this and you probably will be able to play.
    I've played TF2 and CS 1.6 and they've run decent on the lower settings. I have dx11 - should I try a lower dx10 or something? Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Did you try to verify the integrity of your cache files ???

Basic Member
    You probably either have no graphics card or a very weak graphics card. This means it's a hardware issue and on your end.

surely the fact the game works is a sign that it shouldn't really mess up the textures like this though i have heard people have had problems with intel graphics cards and DOTA2 so that might be a problem with it. i also tried verifying cache files

Basic Member
    Update: In console, I get spam that says

GetStandardTextureDimensions: Couldn't find the texture to get the dimensions!

Basic Member
    i had a similar problem with particle effects, and some textures... I solved it by reinstalling the game (deleting local content and dowloading again) it was probably just some corrupted files or something like that. hope it works for you guys.