Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Town Portal Scroll's cooldown is wrong when sharing it

Question [Confirmed] Town Portal Scroll's cooldown is wrong when sharing it

Description:
    When buying two TPs, using it to get to a lane, and giving it to a different hero, the cooldown is shared.

Repro:
    Same as above

Result:
    Vide Description

Expected:
    Item does not share cooldown between heroes

Very frustrating when u want to rotate shit lane line ups without forcing your carry to spend money.

Basic Member
    In dota1 U can not give item with cd. I think, it's not bug, it is feature of dota2.

Quote Originally Posted by Oboroten View Post
    In dota1 U can not give item with cd. I think, it's not bug, it is feature of dota2.
    You always can give a tp scroll to allies. It is the only exception in items with cooldown.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    i dont think this is a bug either... u can drop tp scrolls after u use 1 in dota 1... so for that 60 second duration u wouldnt be able to give it to an ally anyway

Basic Member

[Confirmed] TP cooldown does not apply to pooled tp scrolls

My understanding of pooled tp scroll cooldowns is that it should be per player - if A uses a TP and is given one by B, A still cannot tp for the cd duration, but A could buy a tp for B and B could use it instantly (assuming no recent tps for B!).

Match 241536679
    21.11 gametime, deathprohet has 2 tp scrolls with different cooldowns (his own one ready to use and a pooled one with the owner's cooldown)

Basic Member
    Easier link:
    dota2://matchid=241536679&matchtime=1413

Death Prophet's inventory shows one TP with 40+ second CD, and one ready to use.

Basic Member
    is this reproducable? i am suspecting an ui bug rather than a gameplay bug.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Reproducible, both functionally and in the UI (the passed TP cannot be used).

This seems very limited in when it happens: it only happens when the TP has a cooldown (i.e. it cannot be used to double-TP).
    If player A teleports somewhere (and so their TP has a cooldown), and hand a different teleport scroll to player B, that scroll will still have the same cooldown in player B's inventory. Again, this is not just visual - the TP scroll will be unusable for player B, say "Recharging" etc.

If the TP scroll is available/usable by player A when it is passed to player B, then it will accurately reflect player B's TP cooldown when it arrives in their inventory.

Pretty much reproducable. Any scroll that is given to an ally which doesn't have a tp scroll of it's own which is on cooldown, will retain it's cooldown.

http://imgur.com/Slq094i

Phew that was a long condition.