Thread: Replay Invite & Moment Capture

Basic Member

Replay Invite & Moment Capture

I think being able to invite a friend to watch a replay and be on sync with him would be a nice feature because sometimes evaluate a game with a friend even for the purpose of teaching and if we are both in the same replay i can ping and rewind or things like that and properly explain what i want to show.
    On that subject it would be nice to have also another feature that allows us to save specific moments of the games so that if you want to show something like... "how to effectively place wards" you can cut parts of games with people puting wards and show that to somebody.
    Even for training, I'm trying to train something and if i'm able to see does specific moments i want to train its much easier if i could just take them from each game i make and see them sequently.

Basic Member
    Actually nice ideas...

This would make a great addition to the future mentoring system

Basic Member
    These are both things that were mentioned in the original Q&A and are likely still planned but not implemented yet due to priority.

Basic Member
    the problem with syncing replays is you now have to store the videos media state on the server, and update the clients individually whenever there is a state change, this can lead to desync's that if you are expecting each other to be seeing the same thing, it can be very different depending on each others connections. I know, i've worked on a game that develops synchronized viewing of youtube videos. Its not impossible, but difficult to do reliably. With the current spectator system i'm pretty sure that you aren't actually watching a live stream of video data, you are watching a live stream of server messages, and your client constructs a new game, with 10 bots who follow the commands from the server log in the game you're watching. Because these are time-stamped, the replays seem to be synced with other people watching. I dont think this would work very well for what you are suggesting