Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Make the minimap bigger

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Make the minimap bigger

I don't understand why the minimap in Dota2 is so small. It's one of the most important tools in the game but its size has been reduced drastically.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Screenshots taken on a widescreen monitor, full-screen. Make the hero portrait smaller or spell icons smaller or whatever, but please make the minimap the same size!

Basic Member
    That's probably because WC3 is made for 4:3 and gets upscaled when you run a widescreen resolution.

I'd like the minimap to be bigger too, and with width we have no problems, but with height it gets a little harder.

My suggestion would be this: By clicking and dragging the right top corner of the minimap, you can change its size.

Here is a normal SS:

Here is the maximum size for the minimap (done with my MS Paint skillz :3):

Let the players decide which size suits them best imo. This is also better for those we want less minimap space and more gameplay space (again, done by MS Paint so it's not perfect just to give you an idea ^^):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BorisPeace; 10-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.

I have to say, I'm okay with the smaller Minimap now. Only downside is that when watching commentaries a smaller minimap is bad due to quality issues.

Basic Member
    i absolutely disagree with having a bigger minimap. A lot of players use the mouse edges to move their screen, having a larger minimap means more miss-clicks sending you to the dire base when you're trying to juke back to radiant base, or accidentally going back to base when your diving towers to get a kill on someone from radiant.

Smaller minimap doesn't make the information any less accessible, or any harder to read, it is still very clear where your towers are, where the heroes you should be able to see are. please don't clutter the screen more then it already is.

in my opinion the minimap size is perfect as it is

Quote Originally Posted by shixxor View Post
    in my opinion the minimap size is perfect as it is
    +1

Basic Member
    Yeah I feel that it is a little bit too small for me as well.

Basic Member
    imo... I really dont care about size... make it so that I can switch it on the RIGHT side :P

I hate mini-map on the left side... im a righty!! LET ME LOOK ON THE RIGHT! FFS :P

Or just make hero dots/crosses BRIGHTER, so they can be easier to see. I played HoN for a couple of months and there I can see an enemy hero coming with my peripherial vision, without looking directly at the minimap. This is not the case with Dota 2. In Dota 2 I have to deliberately look at the minimap and search for heroes to notice them.