Thread: Impressions after taking a year break

Impressions after taking a year break

1# This new UI is "ok" (edit: tho has lots of useless junk and is a bit confusing, looking at screens from the old one, it was better), but for the life of me I cannot find my win/loses/abandons. This key information is hidden well… After some tinkering I found a way to display my wins, but that’s not the statistics I am looking for.

2# No ETA on game search queue, and still no way to auto join them… Rather annoying how it still ask you to 'accept' a game you just queued into… What if you are mia for 30 seconds getting a glass of water while you wait in the queue?

3# The ladder matchmaking still seems rather horrible. As it stands, Ive won 3 out of my last 23 games (yeah, im 3-20). It's just not fun losing game after game. I either seem to have some subpar allies, or my opponents are just overall better….

4# Lots of BM. Ive been playing another RTS game (starcraft 2) with overall good manner in like 95% of games, but coming to dota 2 is night and day. In dota2 it seems closer to 5-10% of games are pure good manner games… So many people flaming, trolling, and raging.

5# The 'rd' hero selection seems buggy. It keeps telling me its my turn to pick when its my teams turn (and a similar thing happens with the lock in button).

Maybe I should un-install and wait another year for valve to fix things.
    Last edited by q1l4YY8ewS14wHR; 04-06-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Don't bother go play League,Dota went to shit the minute Valve got a hold of it.

Basic Member
    Also does anyone else find the new armory and shop confusing?

Last time I checked, you couldn't browse the shop.

Basic Member
    3# The ladder matchmaking still seems rather horrible. As it stands, Ive won 3 out of my last 23 games (yeah, im 3-20). It's just not fun losing game after game. I either seem to have some subpar allies, or my opponents are just overall better….
    Its not your bad allies, its not better ennemys, ITS YOU who sucks after not playing 1 year.

That explains 3 wins out of 23 games.

Sadly valve didnt implement an automatic MMR decrease when you dont play dota.

Basic Member
    Do you remember mute system? You always getting muted by 3 reports, no matter you flammed indeed or not. Now intentional feeding and ability abuse report puts you in "hidden pool" where you play with the most cancerous players in the game despite your mmr. I'm always ready to co-op with any player (even 2k mmr), however first pick mid/farm doesn't give you too much space on 4th/5th role, also if they don't like you just getting reported repeatedly. I also get reports for "feeding" on offlane 0-3, even if I comeback later and ending the game with 8-5 victory, report is still there. System is corrupted just like powerty in Russia.

Banned
    I too came back recently after nearly a year away, due to lack of a computer. So I shall share my impressions as well.

#1: The UI changes overall went unoticed by me, I was too busy trying to acclimate to the fact that Valve added LoL items (CDR and spell vamp....really? CDR?????)
    #2: What?
    #3: MM has been bad since like 2013.....it's just as bad now, when I played my ranked seeder matches, 8/2 got me 3k, when I quit a year, 0/10 was getting people 4k....
    #4 I went from getting trolls, flamers, and antigamers in 80% of my games to 100% of my games. Every match sees 2 or more other ppl on my team have a troll off, that results in me getting reported every single match, while muted from false reporting. When I literally don't feed, ability abuse, or chat abuse since I can't chat, the reports REALLY need to be audited (Not to mention the LP experience is MORE TOCIX than the players there, needing wins is beyond idiotic, and letting the enemy team leave to DENY you a win, is more idiotic.
    #5 have no experience with that as of comming back

Now I have a few extra comments, can we get wards to NOT stack? Also why the changes to make wards more derp? 1 at a time for 75g/ really/ and the whole same slot thing is SOOOO much more time consuming, i've been boned already by instead of clicking F *click* G *click* going F *click* FF F *click* really unneeded.

But thank you for fixing WR ult, it has always bothered me it lied about max attack speed, and just set your attack speed to .33

Also I really thought you would of fixed the whole false reporting and low prio situation, not just make low prio even MORE retarded. Also why only single draft> I love single draft, so that does not bother me, but why only that? Also ty for adding the arcade shit <3
    Last edited by TheTruuth; 04-11-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruuth View Post
    #1: The UI changes overall went unoticed by me, I was too busy trying to acclimate to the fact that Valve added LoL items (CDR and spell vamp....really? CDR?????)
    There is so much junk. A lot of it is trying to sell me things (6 of the 11 tiles on the homepage are there to sell you something). The main thing I want to see is my win/loss/abon information right in my face. To this day I still cannot find it.

#2: What?
    In most modern games when you search for a game it will give you an ETA.. like '30 seconds' or '2 minutes'. On top of that, once its found it auto starts the game. In dota it forces you to hit confirm. Very annoying, because after a game I often like to start a search for another game and either go to the bathroom or get more water. I know the search time and the load time would give me overall more than enough time, but since it forces me to accept the game, I either miss that screen, or do not have enough afk time on just the loading screen alone and get a random hero.

#3: MM has been bad since like 2013.....it's just as bad now, when I played my ranked seeder matches, 8/2 got me 3k, when I quit a year, 0/10 was getting people 4k....
    It's just rather bad, I was hoping they would have improved the algorithm. On top of that, it doesn't tell you who is in teams until after the game. So it makes it harder to gauge things.

#4 I went from getting trolls, flamers, and antigamers in 80% of my games to 100% of my games. Every match sees 2 or more other ppl on my team have a troll off, that results in me getting reported every single match, while muted from false reporting. When I literally don't feed, ability abuse, or chat abuse since I can't chat, the reports REALLY need to be audited (Not to mention the LP experience is MORE TOCIX than the players there, needing wins is beyond idiotic, and letting the enemy team leave to DENY you a win, is more idiotic.
    Well I still do get games with overall decent people, I am just shocked how radical the attitude was in dota2 compared to starcraft WOL (granted I only play 1v1).

#5 have no experience with that as of comming back
    Have you even played rd? Its not as smooth as it used to be. Bug is probably easy to fix so id think this shouldn't exist, but on the other hand I don't see how it would only happen to me.
    Last edited by q1l4YY8ewS14wHR; 04-12-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Banned
    Did not realize you meant the UI changes OUT of game, that was my confusion. Valve wants money, I have no problem with that since Valve dota stat tracking is trash and you need Dota buff anyways.

They can't give you an average time b/c it changes like crazy. And needing to hit accept or w/e is a GOOD thing. Being banned for a day from MMing, b/c DOTA does not make a noice when you ult tab is NOT okay. Why is the punishment for missing the accept button and ABANDONING the same thing?????/

They will never change the algorith, b/c the "top tier" have to problem, and dota has, and always will be about the 1%.

I will admit have (proven) the worst luck in any game ever when it comes to MMing, I will always get the worst people possible every time. Such is the struggle.

I have not started Ranked yet since I got back, all the hero changes and items changes, I wanted to acclimate myself to the new dota.

O god.

Clearly valve couldn't care any less.... All I do in this game is lose. So I am going to take another year or so break. Hopefully valve will fix things once I get back into it.