Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Please enable editing of the default Suggestion Items

makes absolutley more sense than the currently system, i was thinking about that same system when it was said there will be the option, but since its the shitty one, i dont use it, u can still workaround this, by editing the files in ur dota 2 folder.

Basic Member
    t-up!

Basic Member
    I'm looking forward to this, I'd like to be able to edit the default build to my hero rather than having to select it from a list every time. I'm editing the text files meanwhile but I'd really like an official solution to it.

Also there should be the option to remove the recommended items panel from the shop altogether, especially if you're using the hotkeys it just ends up taking space.

+1
    I created a topic with my sugestions
    check it
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=50557&p=311782

Basic Member
    Yes!
    When I first edited my item build I then realised I would have to load it every game so I gave up editing any more. I don't think we really need more than 1 suggested item build given we can just load it with situational items therefore we should just have the default build edited.

I'd also like to edit all this out of game, I have very little intention of going into a practise bot game just to edit my item build for each hero.

Basic Member
    +1, right now editing/customizing item suggestions are pretty much worthless.

I think they should be hero specific, and pop the last used item suggestion guide at the start of a game.
    The "official" item suggestions shouldn't be editable and always available in the list in case a user wants to revert to using that.

I have no idea why Valve thought making the item suggestion list universal would be a good idea. Since when does a hero ever use the same item guide? Rarely, if ever.

On a side note: why don't grid/list modes for the shop and hero selection default to your last used choice yet?
    Last edited by Vadoff; 08-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Basic Member
    I've also noticed that the game tends to re-generate some of the item builds in your directory even if you've deleted them... I think it's due to the Steam sync, but it's annoying nonetheless.

isn't this suggestion outdated due to hero builds?
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    isn't this suggestion outdated due to hero builds?
    Yes it is. So why do you resurrect an 11 month old obsolete thread in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Yes it is. So why do you resurrect an 11 month old obsolete thread in the first place?
    because it's still in this common suggestion list thingie/ Hud improvement threads.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.