Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please enable editing of the default Suggestion Items

Please enable editing of the default Suggestion Items

A few patches ago it was implemented that players could now edit the suggested items for each hero. The only problem is that this new system requires you to 'load' the file in-game. I customized every single hero in DotA 2 for myself and when I click on the shop to upload a personal hero-itemlist there are so many options for heroes that the list doesn't scroll far enough for me to access all the heroes. (This is just a small bug on its own) (currently its about 68/108 for DotA1 heroes transferred).

The solution is extremely simple and I think it should be implemented asap. When a player edits the Item screen, make it so that the change he made is permanent for the DEFAULT. In other words, next time I decided to play Zeus, I would like to see the "Force Staff" that I put into Core Items without having to load my "Zeus Profile".

I have gotten around this by replacing the Default_Profiles with the text files that the profiles create. This is very tedious when I'm playing certain heroes and I realize that I forgot an item.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\86968645\570\remote
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\itembuilds

I think this is absolutely silly, I should not need to load specific hero profiles every game, or be editing directory files to accommodate. Any item changes made in-game should be saved as the new default. Of course this means you should add a "DEFAULT ITEM SUGGESTIONS" button.

EDIT: This thread has many supports and is about the same thing (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=18738); here I'm providing my temporary solution.
    Last edited by shavethewhales; 01-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.

bump

good change

Basic Member
    +1.

I have a bit of another suggestion, It's entirely pointless to load in a preset build for a hero that you're not currently using.
    I have no idea why the system is setup the way it currently is.

Shown builds should be based entirely on which hero you are currently using, w/e build you had selected before should carry over as the selected build whenever you play that hero.
    Lets say you have 3 custom builds for Furion, for ex. it should show: Pushing Build, Mid Lane, Jungle, Default.
    With "Default" being the default build that comes stock with Dota 2. Since the last used build is the build that's already selected, default can be left uneditable.

Basic Member
    +1

Also would it make more sense to be able to edit the item build from out-side game, perhaps the Learn tab?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurph View Post
    +1

Also would it make more sense to be able to edit the item build from out-side game, perhaps the Learn tab?
    Yeah, it's annoying to set every hero build in-game, even when you do it in custom game

+1

Basic Member
    +1,000,000,000

This is actually how I thought making custom item sets would work when they first implemented it. It's intuitive to be able to edit the default item sets, and save them as default item sets.

Basic Member
    +1