Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion]: Profanity Filter

Basic Member

Lightbulb [Suggestion]: Profanity Filter

I just think that it is very important to have forced cursing filter in Dota 2 where raging/harassment is notorious. I am aware of the current report system but I feel it did not and will not work as effective. Therefore they should implement a cursing filter. These could be regular cursed symbol "$%#@@#" to replace the curses. Even better, they could make funny cursing icons of heroes as the filter. The reason I suggest to make funny cursing icons is because it could help to neutralize the intense moments when people are engaged in.

Edit: I would like to take out the word "forced" from my op. This is an OPTIONAL FEATURE.

Edit 2:

1) I UNDERSTAND that there is no perfect profanity filter system. However, I will want to have it as an option if it worked well enough because I have a need for it.

2) What part of "optional profanity filter" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? If you dislike the filter, Do Not Use It. If you think the filter is not perfect, Do Not Use It. If you think the filter prevent you to talk in your native language, Do Not Use It. If you think the feature should not be implemented because of the reasons I just listed, The World Is Not Your Cave. There is a need for me and others to have the filter, we do not force it on anybody. We want it an "option". Period.

Devs Are Not 12-15 years old kids who "embrace profanity and fuck it for a joke". They are grown ups who have family/kids, therefore, they will know best if this feature will be implemented. The Report Abuse Text shows Devs's stance. The Report system is for the long-run, while, a profanity filter is needed in the short-run.

Important: The solution is to have a button to easily toggle the filter on/off within the game UI as well as the lobby chat instead of putting it in the setting. This means:

1) If you dislike the feature, you can easily turn it off.
    2) If you think the feature is not perfect, you can easily turn it off.
    3) If you need to chat in your native language, you can easily turn it off.
    4) If you love to see others cursing in your face, you can easily turn it off.

Edit 3:
    The filter system should be similar to WoW filter addons for example. Which means, you can add curses from [your specific] language into the filter database within the game. It worked great there.
    Last edited by langtutheky; 03-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

fuck that for a joke.

You need to embrace the profanity if you want to be "one with the dota"..

♥♥♥♥

Seems fitting.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
    You need to embrace the profanity if you want to be "one with the dota"..
    You must be among those who love to harass/flame others with curses and still not get enough mute (chat ban) yet from reports. This shows the report system must be broken and we should filter chat

I vote for replacing all 4 letter words with

LOVE

Basic Member
    +1 For a Profanity filter, it's good for trolling someone that's raging

Basic Member
    i dont think it will happen !

is online game !

Basic Member
    +1 should used for as many languages as possibly.

Basic Member
    No, people should grow up and deal with people swearing.