Thread: Vulkan beta crashes regularly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vulkan beta crashes regularly

I'm on Linux, Gnome Ubuntu 16.04. I'm willing to provide anything needed to help track this issue, but I'm currently not sure what I should provide.

Asus ROG laptop
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

NVIDIA Driver version: 367.18

If there is another place you would like be to communicate this info, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rich

Hi:
    As far as I know, the crashes were gpu-memory related. You need to have at least 2 Gb ram. Mine is a 650 Ti with 1 Gb and using driver 364.19 and it has only crashed twice for me so far. It seems quite stabile though.

And the places for issues is git hub Dota-2-Vulkan. Probably you will find more help there.

Hi guys,

the real question here for me is: Will Dota2 ever be able to run with Vulkan on cards with 1 GB of RAM?

I personally have a GTX 750 with 1 GB, a fairly new card that supports Vulkan and runs Dota flawlessly at usually no less than 50 FPS with DirectX under Windows. I would love to switch to Linux completely but my FPS drops by around 20 or so when using OpenGL, which to me makes it hardly playable because it lags during big teamfights, which is exactly where good reactions and decisions are needed.

Yesterday I switched to Vulkan and the FPS actually rises by around 10 to a point where I would say it is definitely playable. Also, I would be expecting further increases over time as the API is implemented more efficiently.

Does anyone know if the 2 GB memory limit are a lasting feature or are to be seen more as a temporary restriction that will be fixed in the future?

I would post on the git hub but since it states under requirements that you need 2 GB I'm sure they will not consider it an issue and be annoyed if people keep asking about it.
    Last edited by riesenkamell; 06-15-2016 at 07:38 AM.