View Poll Results: Is the announcer too loud?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 30.77%
  • No

40 61.54%
  • I haven't thought about it

5 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Announcer volume TOO LOUD

Thumbs up Announcer volume TOO LOUD

"TOP TOWER IS UNDER ATTACK" etc...
    After 245 DotA 2 matches I've realized the announcer's volume is way too loud. There needs to be an option to lower the announcer's intensity, because there are some games where I simply want to hear the game's global sound effects; instead of it being constantly interrupted by the announcer's SPAM
    Last edited by Acid Snow; 02-02-2012 at 01:51 PM.

...More than two months later and I still think the volume for the announcer is too loud. Especially when its lategame, and your base is getting raped by creeps/heroes, and the announcer is constantly spamming "tower under attack, etc..." I'm still sick of the spam. The only way to reduce the spam is to turn OFF voice, which mutes all character voices, which is unacceptable, and bad audio design.

Basic Member
    nobody agreed with you two months ago, why would you bump your own thread to agree with yourself? you can send feedback like this through email. no need to continuously bump your own thread that clearly nobody else supports.

Missclicked.... I meant to say No.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    nobody agreed with you two months ago, why would you bump your own thread to agree with yourself? you can send feedback like this through email. no need to continuously bump your own thread that clearly nobody else supports.
    Just because you're using two-ghetto-ass $20 PC speakers, doesn't mean everyone has them. I have a $1,800 hardcore 5.1 surround sound system that would blow your mind. Why should I suffer from developers-developing their sound based on your two trashy $20 speakers?

+1

OK Devs',
    It's been 10 fucking months since I posted this topic, and I still think there needs to be a goddamn VOLUME SLIDER for the ANNOUNCER!!!

I'm so tired of the announcer's voice drowning out combat SFX & hero dialogue; I've been playing DotA for 7 years, I don't want shit screamed into my ears every time "TOP TOWER IS UNDER ATTACK," "30 seconds to battle," etc...

I just want a volume adjuster for the announcer, so I can lower the volume of his voice -- I'm not gunna mute him, I'm just gunna lower it down to 60 or 70%! Until this feature is added to DotA 2, it'll remain partially annoying game [for me] to play.
    Last edited by Acid Snow; 12-28-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Basic Member
    lol

I find sometimes one is to low. A volume slider would be great. Options, choices that is what players/gamers want but dev's just don't want to spend the (often little) time on.

Also; http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...hlight=bastion for more support.

Banned
    You are trashtalking more than a nigger in the ghetto which ass just popped, i hope you get banned.