Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] personal recommended items

Basic Member

[Suggestion] personal recommended items

Ok, so hi, first I just got into the beta like around 10 hours ago so... GOOD TO BE HERE

Here's my idea:

I think it would be nice if it was possible to make your own "suggested items" for each single hero yourself.
    It would take time to configure it on all the heroes of course but it would be a one time only, you'd be able to put in whatever item you want in, and this would only be YOUR build idea of this hero.

You could of course share it with others but don't have to.

Also in the same feature, it would be nice to add two or three "auto level abilites" trees
    I say two or three because I won't play Puck the same way against a Drow than against an AM or an ES, I would level the 3rd quite fast in some cases
    Those would too be personal and linked to your own account.

This way you could pick your hero and all game long you'd have less loss time looking for items that are not in the general suggested items or wasting time upgrading that ultimate that could in THIS exact melee kill 3 guys but you died because you had to upgrade it by pressing O then R

Discuss

Core Tester
    theres a config file where you can change the recommended items locally

Basic Member
    Oh that's nice... didn't know that

Though it would be easier to do it from inside the game, with a UI

Also for the auto skill learning it would definitely need a UI of some sort if there are multiple patterns

Basic Member
    Seeing as its done through config files atm, I highly doubt they dont already have something planned for it ingame.

Basic Member
    I support an ingame interface to customize items and auto skilling

Basic Member
    Auto-skilling? Seems like it would encourage generic cookie-cutter builds more than anything. Don't you differentiate builds depending on what's going on in your game, who's in your game, how fast you're leveling, etc?

Basic Member
    Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Certain heroes ALWAYS skill up the same way, whatever you lane against. For example, Tiny or Lion. Also hon had a mode for autoskilling that would just let you set it as many skills as you wanted, not the whole thing. So for example at 5 you could set it to autoskill ulti at 6 and nothing else. Not a HUGE feature though, but quite useful. If anything I'd like autoskilling stats once it's all you have left.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spielkind View Post
    I support an ingame interface to customize items and auto skilling
    Me too. It would be so much easier to be able to do it in-game and it would also make it more visible to new players. Removing some of the secrecy of options is always good

Basic Member
    personal "suggested items" seems cool,if it's done ingame

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    Auto-skilling? Seems like it would encourage generic cookie-cutter builds more than anything. Don't you differentiate builds depending on what's going on in your game, who's in your game, how fast you're leveling, etc?

That's why I said make 3 templates available, because I don't know many heroes that needs more than 3 templates of skill builds (maybe Furion or Chen or Enchanter maybe would use 3 depending on wooding or not and wanting to gank or pure fast farming)