Thread: Server Connection issues and me being punished

Basic Member

Server Connection issues and me being punished

Yesterday i played a lot of Dota and within that game session i had over 5 d/c's aft first i thought it was me but:

it happened to others
    all the other games i played worked fine no connection issues(by other games i mean literally other games besides dota)

now normally i wouldnt care because you could just reconnect but i dont know what was wrong with the server that it wouldnt let me reconnect. i honestly dont know what happaned but whatever happaned made me get so many abandons that they put me in LOW PRIORITY MATCHMAKING WHICH means it takes me 10-20 minutes maybe 5 if im lucky to find a game.....i dont think this is right. but w/e its done by tommorow. I once went so long watching a game while i waited for matchmaking that i forgot i was even searching for a match. the longest i had to wait was 35 minutes which as you know could be a little frustrating.

TL : DR Because of the server connection problems i was kicked out and unable to reconnect to the session thus making me get low priority matchmaking for 3 days which means having to wait 10-20 minutes to find a game and making me mad...

Did you actually get disconnects 5 times and not suspect anything was wrong and just kept playing..., or did you get a disconnect or two and have it counted as 5....

Same thing happened to me. I've reported it too in server issues thread. Seems like i'm not the only one who got into the low priority pool because of these disconnections.

Basic Member
    you see. when a man has been waiting to play dota 2 for ages. he will play dota 2 regardless of whats going on.