Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Axe culling blade instakill threshold indicator/marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomoch View Post
    -1. Cheers.
    Thanks for your contribution to the discussion in this thread. Its highly appreciated.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvid View Post
    if you have a good eye for these things it would make no difference if the indicator was there or not.
    You just proved yourself wrong... If you have a good eye for it, it means you are a good player, and have practiced... You don't get that info for free like you would do with you suggestion. Will never happen....

I was thinking about something like this: http://imgur.com/zkW0o

Triangle marker would be fine but it messes with the name tag, the indicator on hp bar would be ideal. It would help players to time the ulti more precisely.

I don't see a single reason why this shouldn't be implemented.
    The game is also balanced in regards to how much information is instantly conveyed to the players through the UI. Your change of course breaks that balance. Segmented health bars already give you enough information to be able to use Axe's ult to its full potential. There's the single and only reason why it shouldn't be implemented.

the ulties you mentioned arent affected by it and in most cases you shouldnt even be using them to last-hit your opponent.
    Disagree. While last hitting heroes with most of the aforementioned ulties is not their main utility, it is certainly one of them. So a marker could be added for most of them.

Banned
    Scrubs like OP makes me sick. This thread should be locked same as the thread about scrubs wanting mana bars on enemy heroes.

You guys need to sepprate your views from axes ulti with all the other nuke ulties, they are fundamentaly different. A marker for other ulties would mean things like showing you how much damage it would deal by taking in things like magical armor damage negation and spell resistance in general. So its way more advanced and would actually make things easier in all skill levels, but whats even worse is that such addition would promote players to use those spells to last hit, which as we know isn't always the best option.

Anyway, since everyone is so aggrevated by my suggestion ill stop pushing it. Even though i think it would only improve the game, and not in a negative way, and im absolutely sure it wouldnt cause any balance issues since this game is balanced around highly skilled players in mind, and as we know they dont need markers to execute culling blade in perfect timing.

The reason i posted this suggestion is that i keep seeing people use ulti at the last moment, they overshoot it by a bunch of health just to be on the safe side, and since dota2 philosophy is to make the game more accesible to general public i thought such suggestion was in order.

I cant help but to think that all already implemented features that help up with the gameplay (healthbars, range indicators and whatnot) would be met here with the same negativity. Imagine if someone suggested the grouping hotkeys that would actualy memorise the unit and continue to work if the unit is lost and aquired again (i.e rexxars summons), surely this would cause serious balance issues due to improved controll (and henceforth improved general quality of the gameplay) but somehow everyone is happy with it.

This is what my idea suggests, its supposed to improve general quality of the gameplay, not to cause balance issues or ease up the difficulty.

You guys need to sepprate your views from axes ulti with all the other nuke ulties, they are fundamentaly different.
    Not AA ulti. And Lion, Lina, etc. ultimates are also often used to deal killing blows.

but whats even worse is that such addition would promote players to use those spells to last hit, which as we know isn't always the best option.
    It wouldn't make players try to last hit with those spells. It would just let them know when they can do so, if they want to.

The reason i posted this suggestion is that i keep seeing people use ulti at the last moment, they overshoot it by a bunch of health just to be on the safe side,
    Exactly. That means it requires skill to use Axe ulti most effectively, as you have to keep track of the enemy's health. But if you have a marker there, then anyone can use Axe ulti perfectly with barely any effort, removing the skill required to use it.

and since dota2 philosophy is to make the game more accesible to general public i thought such suggestion was in order.
    I'd rather not make the game more accessible if it means giving up the quality of the game.

I cant help but to think that all already implemented features that help up with the gameplay (healthbars, range indicators and whatnot) would be met here with the same negativity. Imagine if someone suggested the grouping hotkeys that would actualy memorise the unit and continue to work if the unit is lost and aquired again (i.e rexxars summons), surely this would cause serious balance issues due to improved controll (and henceforth improved general quality of the gameplay) but somehow everyone is happy with it.
    I don't see how this would cause balance issues.

This is what my idea suggests, its supposed to improve general quality of the gameplay, not to cause balance issues or ease up the difficulty.
    But it DOES make playing Axe much easier, that's undeniable.

Basic Member
    General Quality for one hero that no one plays

Basic Member
    The idea is honestly not bad, but the problem you run into is that decision making is altered because of a* UI element. When thinking about how to improve the UI, it's important to ask, "Will this change the way decisions are made?". If you find that it does, then the follow up question is "how and why"? In this case, instead of forcing a player to either use it conservatively or aggressively (decisions that will matter in combat at times), they can simply wait until the UI 'tells' them to use it. To that end, I would have a hard time supporting such a change.

*'an UI element'? That doesn't sound right. Which one is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Gen3sis View Post
    Scrubs like OP makes me sick. This thread should be locked same as the thread about scrubs wanting mana bars on enemy heroes.
    You have posted 108 times and managed to contribute pretty much nothing to the forum. It must be a blessing for you that these forums are so poorly moderated.
    Last edited by Kautzman; 02-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Basic Member
    This is gameplay balance and it is a terrible terrible terrible suggestion. Seriously? Dota 2 is supposed to have a HIGH skill ceiling, don't get it right? too bad, practice more. STILL don't get it right, maybe Axe isn't the right hero for you, try another one.

affe.

Basic Member
    Just use console command to set HP bars to HP threshold. I do that.

dota_health_per_vertical_marker 300/450/625 at levels 6/11/16
    Last edited by fr0zenknife; 02-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.