Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Voodo Restauration & Doom interaction

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Voodo Restauration & Doom interaction

Hi everyone, first post here. So I was playing Witch Doctor the other day and had my heal on before Doombringer ultied me. My healing aura stayed active and trying to deactive it while "doomed" just said silenced without deactivating it. I'm thinking doom should cancel it for me. By all means it kept me alive, but I don't think it was supposed to do that. The healing healed while doom was trying to eat my health.

Edit: Thinking how doom and Pudge's rot stay active if rotted before doom, maybe this is supposed to be this way?

It is a bug. I honestly believe that witch doctor's spell is channelling and different from pudges rot. Silence from trax or krobelus cancels voodoo restoration but pudges rot stays active. Doom should cancel wd healing aura. Good observation though.

Quote Originally Posted by youlackhatred View Post
    It is a bug. I honestly believe that witch doctor's spell is channelling and different from pudges rot. Silence from trax or krobelus cancels voodoo restoration but pudges rot stays active. Doom should cancel wd healing aura. Good observation though.
    Restoration is not channelling. Even cursory observation will tell you this, WD can move and attack normally even with restoration on. Don't post in the main bug forum if you're not sure.

Doom prevents you from turning off restoration. This is not a bug.

However, its not supposed to heal you when its stuck on active by doom. This is a bug.
    Last edited by DLRevan; 10-18-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Restoration is not channelling. Even cursory observation will tell you this, WD can move and attack normally even with restoration on. Don't post bullshit in the main bug forum if you're not sure.

Doom prevents you from turning off restoration. This is not a bug.

However, its not supposed to heal you when its stuck on active by doom. This is a bug.
    It may not be a bug if you think about it , i haven't tested it yet(while writing the message) but dose it stay on when stunned? dose it stay on when silenced? so the only 3 ways i can think about stooping it would be player deactivation , not enough mana , and primary "debuffers" like activating manta or dieing. So if you really think about it, it is more of a buff aura than a spell , so changing this would mean to change the rot also.

NO it is working as intended but did you get healed? by it? I think you should'nt get healed, someone posted a list with spells blocked by doom, but I can't find it, and Im pretty sure voodoo restoration was in that, it is draining mana but not healing.. Im not sure though, can anyone confirm?
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    NO it is working as intended but did you get healed? by it? I think you should'nt get healed, someone posted a list with spells blocked by doom, but I can't find it, and Im pretty sure voodoo restoration was in that, it is draining mana but not healing.. Im not sure though, can anyone confirm?
    I posted it in that windwalk/doom thread http://www.playdota.com/forums/blog.php?b=1039

Voodoo restoration is locked in an active state, but does not heal. Like i said, if its actually healing in Dota 2, then its a bug.

I tested this, and voodoo restoration does heal WitchDoctor.
    Code:

[07:54.07] Doom Bringer hits Witch Doctor with Doom for 52 damage (1200->1148).
    [07:54.37] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1149->1162).
    [07:54.70] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1164->1177).
    [07:55.02] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1178->1191).
    [07:55.07] Doom Bringer hits Witch Doctor with Doom for 52 damage (1191->1139).
    [07:55.35] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1140->1153).
    [07:55.67] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1155->1168).
    [07:56.02] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1169->1182).
    [07:56.07] Doom Bringer hits Witch Doctor with Doom for 52 damage (1183->1131).
    [07:56.35] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1132->1145).
    [07:56.67] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1147->1160).
    [07:57.00] Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (1161->1174).
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Still broken:

Code:
    [02:45.63] Witch Doctor receives Doom debuff from Doom Bringer.
    [02:45.67] Doom Bringer  hits Witch Doctor  with Doom for 37 damage (780->743).
    [02:45.87] Witch Doctor's Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (744->757).
    [02:46.20] Witch Doctor's Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (758->771).
    [02:46.53] Witch Doctor's Voodoo Restoration heals Witch Doctor for 13 health (771->784).
    [02:46.67] Doom Bringer  hits Witch Doctor  with Doom for 37 damage (785->748).

In Dota 1 if Witch Doctor has voodoo restoration on it will be turned off or not healing if he is doomed by doom.

In Dota 2 if Witch Docotor has voodoo restoration on it will stay on and continue to heal if he is doomed by doom.

Just tested this myself.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOG View Post
    In Dota 1 if Witch Doctor has voodoo restoration on it will be turned off or not healing if he is doomed by doom.

In Dota 2 if Witch Docotor has voodoo restoration on it will stay on and continue to heal if he is doomed by doom.

Just tested this myself.
    Yeah, I think it used to be triggered to turn off, similarly to how leshrac's ultimate USED to work (however that deactivated when you sneezed on it, silences and I'm pretty sure stuns used to stop it).