Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tooltips that need additional Info (Open Discussion)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    I agree, I will probably suggest that after I see what stuff Valve fixed with the next patch.

About Aghanim's: That is super low on the priority list I would assume and you actually see how the ultimate is improved, just not the exact numbers. Will most likely be added by Valve without anyone requesting it anymore.

About Crit/Lifesteal in the UI: It is pretty easy to calculate lifesteal numbers, as there aren't a whole lot anyway. And you usually only get 1 Crit item, so that isn't important either.
    Well, I don't think this test thing is super important either. All you ahve to do is read the text (they aren't that long), I like the way they are now. The aghanim's tolltip would be a great thing. Why would you buy aghanim's if you don't know how much more dmg you'll get? You can't predict how much life your enemy has to have to die. This way Aghanim's is being used only for utilities effects.

Basic Member
    I think that for certain skills (Pugna's Nether Blast, and Leshrac's Split Earth come to mind), it should at least be stated that there is a delay between casting and effect, and maybe even giving the exact length of the delay. But as was previously noted, as the delay is constant, it should be stated in the skill description, not in the value list.

Quote Originally Posted by cvvgmr View Post
    I think that for certain skills (Pugna's Nether Blast, and Leshrac's Split Earth come to mind), it should at least be stated that there is a delay between casting and effect, and maybe even giving the exact length of the delay. But as was previously noted, as the delay is constant, it should be stated in the skill description, not in the value list.
    I have Nether Blast delay in my list and will add Leshrac's Stun as well now. I thought it only has a long casting animation, but it also has a delay according to playdota. Thanks for mentioning.

Basic Member
    I believe that the tool tips should say whether a spell does physical or magical damage. I'm pretty sure beast master's axes and juggernaut's spin does physical damage and should say. Maybe a style like LoL's where the font color for physical damage spells are red and magical, blue. But there are not that many physical spells so the different coloring may not be needed. At least just say which type it is.

Razor's Unstable Current tooltip should mention that it purges buffs and slows in addition to the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
    I believe that the tool tips should say whether a spell does physical or magical damage. I'm pretty sure beast master's axes and juggernaut's spin does physical damage and should say. Maybe a style like LoL's where the font color for physical damage spells are red and magical, blue. But there are not that many physical spells so the different coloring may not be needed. At least just say which type it is.
    Actually Beastmaster's axes are both physical and magical damage(technically 'superior mixed' type) and will damage magic immune units but at the same time damage can be further reduced by increasing both physical and magic armour. Juggernaut's spin actually does magical damage and not physical.

I do understand why you would mistakeningly assume otherwise for those two skills because it's quite clearly not very well detailed on the tool tips in dota 2 and unless you've been playing for such a long time that you've memorized every detail you wouldn't know at first glance.

So yes we do need tool tips to have more additional information because it's quite easy to assume incorrectly about a few skills plus it's also quite important for a learning player to realise that you can use your Beastmaster roar to stun that person with a BKB, Omniknight shell or Juggernaut spin.

Either Avalanche or Toss tooltips need to mention the interaction between them (Tossed units in Avalanche AoE taking double Avalanche damage). It was alright as an ascended bug in DoTA1, but there's no reason not to make it explicit in DoTA2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur De Lis View Post
    Either Avalanche or Toss tooltips need to mention the interaction between them (Tossed units in Avalanche AoE taking double Avalanche damage). It was alright as an ascended bug in DoTA1, but there's no reason not to make it explicit in DoTA2.
    Read the sticky, I already mentioned it in the 2nd post.

Regarding Faceless Void's Backtrack, he can still avoid damage that is greater than his maximum HP. Tested using Lv. 3 Laguna Blade (with Aghanim's just for good measure) on Level 1 Faceless Void with Backtrack. I was able to get a Backtrack proc and take zero damage from what should have been over double his HP. I was unable to Backtrack Culling Blade's fatal damage. Tested over 20 times, so I'm pretty sure it just assigns a killing command that overrides other sources. E.g. Blade Mail does zero damage to Axe on a Culling Blade fatal blow.
    Last edited by EmblemLord; 02-18-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Okay, that is a fix from the Wc3 engine then.