Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Killstreak Announcer Needs To Be Changed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    The killstreaks, they are from epic games unreal tournament and have copyrights on it. It's pretty expensive.

You must be wondering why custom counterstrike servers and dota 1 dont pay for copyrights. It is because they, mostly, aren't making money off of it. Valve, on the other hand, is looking to use it with business in mind and thus have to pay royalties.
    Trust me when I say, paying for the rights to those 10+ year old voices would not have cost a shitload, in the grand scheme of things.

Paying the VA's for all those lines they perform would have cost (and will cost) considerably more. I seriously dont think valve will say "oh well we spent so much money buying the UT announcer voices, we now cant afford to record new announcers"

The UT voices are great for their nostalgic value, but they simply do not fit in with the game. They seem out of place, more like a placeholder. There is a noticable difference in recording quality between the rest of the audio within the game.

Allow players to use if if they want it, but the game needs a fitting announcer for killstreaks. I would love to see each hero having their own witty remark when they do go on a spree, but that would mean getting the VA's for even more recording, which of course costs quite a bit.

I didnt read the whole thread so if some1 already said that take this as a +1
    cuz it would be awesome if we could have our own Killstreak Announcer... or like a list that we choose to play... like when we choose in a GPS... even having the "WC3 DotA Original voice" option... Its already client side I gues... it shouldnt be that hard to do like I said...

Basic Member
    hire alan rickman, i would love to hear "ten points from gryfindor" when i die. or an "always" when i kill them always.

Entirely agree'd. I always felt Like jon st John should have done the announcer voice if they wanted to keep it in that vien, otherwise my vote is for Liam Neeson.

Yes, please do away with "pwned". I don't want to feel like i'm playing a game intended for 1337 speaking 12 year olds. You take peoples heads for bountys. you do not Own them with owned spelt wrong.

Basic Member
    Having options for different announcers might be the only way to satisfy everyone. And I'm okay with that.

Basic Member
    The UT announcer and the whole "pwned" thing is frankly embarrassing. It's sad that Valve is so willing to try and appease these morons.

Basic Member
    fine, but let me use the good old UT announcer.
    i just love the fucking GODLIKE sound.

Basic Member
    Use Gabe voice for this
    Nuff said people, nuff said

Basic Member
    UT announcer doesn't seem to fit well into the game. it has that grim and dark feel that HON went for. people saying JSJ should do the voice work would end up with the same sort of UT/HONish voice. i've already stated this, but i would like to see what the game feels/sounds like if the heroes themselves called out killstreaks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shengar View Post
    Use Gabe voice for this
    Nuff said people, nuff said
    "Rampage? Ah, nope. It's just me, Gabe Newell."